Author Topic: Transitioning from iTunes - videos not importing  (Read 1136 times)

themak

hey folks - so i am new to musicbee and I am coming from iTunes and a variety of folders that have music and video files in them.
I imported my itunes library in and it seems like it transferred everything over - but all the videos I had in iTunes are still in itunes (stored in itunes folder), they did not move over to MusicBee as I want MusicBee to manage organizing all my files. (I am fine with the videos playing in VLC.)

Also another question - if the file is not compatible with musicbee, will it just leave it alone?  I got a bunch of "completed with errors" dialog boxes and don't know what to do with them.  I just don't want to lose any of my media.

Thank you!

themak

Bumping this - if I can't get this and other issues to work - I will have to find another solution

I can't even import the videos manually - when I go to add the files to the library - it won't recognize the files. These are mostly mp4 files.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have the video node activated in the left sidebar? Do you have a video template set up for your organization rules?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

themak

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have the video node activated in the left sidebar? Do you have a video template set up for your organization rules?

Yes, and it includes some videos that were imported into the library - but not the vast majority. I am assuming that if I click on video and videos show up, that means the node is activated.

By template - I am assuming you mean how they should be organized - yes I do. It is the default.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm. The only other thing I can think of is what happens if you try to import them directly, such as by drag & drop?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)