Author Topic: Help with tagging when adding second album  (Read 855 times)

staxsr007

Hi

I have added an album called Ignaz Friedman Complete Recordings Vol 3. When I add the album alone it displays fine in the Music Explorer section. However when I add another album called Complete Recordings Vol. 5 for some reason it fragments the Vol. 3 album into multiple albums.

I have verified a few times that the tags are correct on both albums and have included a screenshot from foobar2000 showing this.

Anyone know what might be causing this? I did have this album poorly tagged since EAC didn't do a great job of it when I ripped the CD. But I have since corrected the tags, deleted the album from MusicBee and readded it.

Screenshots:

Fragmenting album into multiple albums:

Correctly tagged in foobar (same with Vol. 3)

Thank you!

Roby

phred

• Global Moderator
Look at the MB screenshots left side. Different artists are listed as "Album Artist." You need to make "Album Artist" equal to Various Artists (or to Ignaz Friedman.) And then have the -individual- tracks artists tagged as "Artist." It seems that right now you have that reversed. Once you have "Album Artist" tagged as all the same, MB should treat it as one album.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

staxsr007

The covers are different! Check also album artist

The covers for each respective album are the same. Album artist also the same.

Look at the MB screenshots left side. Different artists are listed as "Album Artist." You need to make "Album Artist" equal to Various Artists (or to Ignaz Friedman.) And then have the -individual- tracks artists tagged as "Artist." It seems that right now you have that reversed. Once you have "Album Artist" tagged as all the same, MB should treat it as one album.

"Album artist" and "artist" were both set as Ignaz Friedman, it turns out because there were different years in the "year" field for different tracks that it was breaking it up. Setting the year to one value fixed it.