Author Topic: When resetting the balance, it visually resets, but the audio remains shifted  (Read 973 times)

dusty-2011

I open the Equalizer and DSP Settings menu. I shift the balance to the left side (or right side), using the balance slider. Then I press the Reset button, located to the right of the slider. The balance slider visually resets to the middle of the slider. But the audio then remains shifted to the left side (or right side), it does not reset the balance to the middle. A rather nasty bug. If you had made only a small correction to the balance, chances are the bug is not going to be noticed, and you'll remain listening to songs with the wrong balance.

If you want the correct balance back, simply move the slider again. It's visually in the middle, but move it to the left, and then back to the middle again. Then the audio is correctly centered again. (Rather unfortunately, just clicking on a visually centered balance pointer which is aurally off, does not aurally change anything. You really need to move the slider horizontally and back to the centre to correctly re-centre the audio.)

This bug does not occur when not playing any song, i.e. after having pressed the STOP button. (Shift the balance to the left, press Reset, then start a song, and the audio is correctly centered).
The bug does occur when you are currently playing a song.
The bug does occur when you have PAUSED a song.

I use Musicbee version 3.1.6590, which is the latest stable version. I use the Windows Theme, which is one of the two main themes.

It is late here, and I don't have time right now to test the latest 3.2 branch. I hope you can look past that. Let me know if you need further info. I hope you can reproduce the bug and fix it :)
Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:50:02 AM by dusty-2011