Author Topic: How to make MusicBee delete tracks on my phone that do not meet syncing settings  (Read 4471 times)

ettelaiv

Hi,
I synced my entire library to my phone before deciding that I only wanted a certain part of my library on there. So I created a Library filter (which excludes certain songs, it works like it should, I checked) and added that as my syncing setting. Now when I synced my phone again it didn't delete any tracks. How can I make it delete any songs that doesn't correspond to my current syncing choices?

Thanks in advance!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you have the setting "delete tracks that are not on the auto-sync list" turned on?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ettelaiv

Yes I do. That's why I'm confused. I don't even get a popup asking me to confirm deletion or anything. Nothing happens, nothing gets deleted. The rest of the tracks and playlists do get synchronize normally though.

Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you post a screenshot of your Music sync tab?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

ettelaiv

ettelaiv

P.S: I actually am having a similar problem when I "sync" Itunes with Musicbee by importing the Itunes library as a XML. It will add new songs but never delete old ones that I already deleted on Itunes.. Probably unrelated but you never know until you ask..

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the screencap. Can you give me the Music section rather than the Settings section?

Regarding deleting old files... are the files actually gone, but still showing up in MusicBee?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

ettelaiv

Here is the music screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GJum7HtyoXkqJnr2qCE9EI_G628E_gt3/view?usp=sharing

Yes so in Itunes I delete the file from the library + the computer and it still shows up in Musicbee (although it can't find the source file, obviously) after I import the itunes library.

Steven

• Administrator
three conditions need to be met before a file is deleted:
- its not in the sync list
- its not referenced from a playlist on the device
- it exists in a sub-folder of the current Music, AudioBook or Podcast sync root folder

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I would guess it's because all your files are included in one playlist or another.

MusicBee doesn't remove files from your library once they're added, until you tell it to remove them. You should be able to use the "dead links" filter in Tools > Tagging Toos > Other Files to Edit in order to quickly locate any that have been deleted from the harddrive.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

ettelaiv

That was it! I had all the songs I didn't want on my phone in one playlist (which I used to set up the Library Filter). Once I removed that library from my phone's syncing settings, it deleted all the songs off my phone.

Thank you guys for your help!

And thank you psychoadept for the tip on the missing files

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad it worked!

One thing you might find helpful: If you make a filter based on the tick mark field, then you can add and remove tracks from your sync list by ticking or unticking them.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

ettelaiv

Oh wow, that's powerful, I'm definitely going to play around with that. Can't believe I stuck with Itunes so long