Author Topic: 'Phantom' Playlists Being 'Synced'  (Read 2164 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
This is a rather odd one. Using 3.2.6743 to sync playlists to a Samsung S8. I'm using M3U8 as the format, which works well with my music app (GoneMad Music Player.) When the sync is complete there are two sets of playlist files: M3U8 -and- PLA. The M3U8 contains the correct text and plays as expected. The PLA file contains nothing and is zero bytes in size. It doesn't seem to matter how many playlists I select to sync, but at the end of the sync there are always two of each.

I opened the playlists folder on the Samsung and watched it while syncing. I saw the PLA get created along with the M3U8. One time I saw the PLA files disappear when the sync completed. But only one time. And I've done at least a dozen syncs since noticing the disappearance, but only once did that happen. The other times leave me with the zero byte PLA and the usable (and wanted) M3U8.

If the PLAs disappeared after every sync I wouldn't even know it was happening. And technically it's no big deal that they're being created as they're zero bytes. But still, I'd rather them not be created at all.

I know there's at least one other MB user who uses (or used to use) GoneMad, so the question becomes, has anyone else seen this behavior? And what can be done about it?

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm using GMMP on an S7. I've noticed GMMP showing duplicate playlists (one of which is always empty), but it always seemed to be a GMMP problem, not a MusicBee problem. I never saw any duplicate files.

How bizarre!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks psycho.

I should have stated that I'm not seeing any duplicate music files either. Just the same-named, and empty, playlist file as PLA. Is there anything in particular that makes you think it's a GMMP issue and not MB?

Perhaps I'll wander over to GMMP and see if there's a forum, and if so, search or post.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, I never saw duplicate playlist files. So it may not be the same problem.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Perhaps I'll wander over to GMMP and see if there's a forum, and if so, search or post.
I wandered. They've got a forum and there are a few playlist issues, including duplicates. Most are user error and I'm investigating their stated solutions, hoping mine issue is among one of theirs. I'll report back on my findings.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki