Author Topic: [Solved] Stuttering & looping audio  (Read 8068 times)

Trinity Axis

I'm facing the same problem.
As said by the person who posted, I also have a high end configuration and brand new device with all the latest drivers.
I followed the discussion and tried the suggestions but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.
 :-[

Love this music player and looking forward to any help.

helloindustries

I've since fixed the issue, and will update the first post.

It was my audio driver. The windows driver for my audio chip was to blame. I downloaded and installed my motherboard manufacturers audio driver and it's solved the problem.

Jashhh

Hi, i don't mean to "up" old threads, but i have this same problem quite big and just for future purposes of others i want to tell you that the option edit > preferences > player > Increase buffer size has helped me. I even put it as low as 15 seconds. It worked for me. Fully clean music no matter how much i do on my pc.

Also worth notable, i strongly think this was a big part of the problem: While Musicbee is on my SSD, the music files are on a different disk which if i remember is Sata II. Maybe this comment can help the developer of Musicbee.

Matara Sami

I'll add my solution for those who may come to read this thread.
I had the same problem and it was definitely a MB problem as the drivers and system were all fine.

Surfing around to find what may cause the problem I realized that it could be a priority issue.
So I edited file MusicBeeSettings.ini  which can be found in MB library folder (or whatever it is called, not in the program folder).
I've changed a parameter <SystemEncodingPriority>2 to 3 and then to 4.
And the stuttering was gone!

luezuve

I've tried everything here and the stuttering ia unbearable. Mp3s play fine, flac and apple lossless don't  These same files play on MediaMonkey fine (but I don't really care for MediaMonkey). I'll give you any information you need. I'll attach any diagnostics and screenshots. I'll FedEx, UPS, carrier pigeon anything just please help.

Some basics to get things started:

Motherboard - Asus Strix 270E Gaming - firmware up to date
CPU - INTEL i7-7700k 4.20 ghz
16 gb RAM
Realtek sound built into the motherboard using latest Asus approved driver
MuiscBee 3.2.6902
Everything is coming off a Drobo which isnt superfast but way fast enough to even watch movies from let alone play audio, and to mention again, everything plays fine in MediaMonkey (and foobar...and vlc...and Plex...)
I've restored everything to default on MusicBee to get a clean slate. I uninstalled it, deleted the library, ran "everything" searcher to make sure all mentions of musicbee were gone. Reinstalled and rescanned (all 256,000+ files which took forever).

I love MusicBee's interface and functionality, it blows MediaMonkey out of the water, but this is so frustrating.

So somebody please help and let me know about any other info you want.

THANKS

frankz

What are your settings under Edit->Edit Preferences->Player in the audio player and sound effects areas?  What, if any, DSP do you have running (you can check with the button at the bottom of that screen).

luezuve

Only thing on is replaygain. Every other checkbox is off including the checkboxes in the DSP area.

frankz

Again, what are your output settings in the audio player section of the menu I referred to? DirectSound? WASAPI? Resampling?

luezuve

Sorry. Here's an attachment. I've tried directsound as well, just so you're aware.

edit: attachment isn't working so here's a URL to the pic

Player Settings Pic

frankz

I have mine set to load the entire file into memory.  I was having some issue when I first started (I don't remember what), and this solved it.  That's one thing to try.

The other thing would be to try WASAPI exclusive with event mode on and off.

But everything else looks good.  With your computer specs you shouldn't be having problems.

PS - for images, you have to get the URL for the actual image and then put that in the box (Chrome = right click and "copy image address") rather than the URL for the page the image is on: