Author Topic: How to add bookmark to audiobook?  (Read 6412 times)

NEO123

I tried CTRL+D but nothing happens. Also, 'remember playback position' option in tab editor is checked but the playback starts from the beginning when i play the audiobook again. How to add bookmark?

NEO123

So, there is no way to add bookmark to audiobook?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you have the bookmark node shown in the left navigator? That's where your bookmark will show up when you use Ctrl+D. You play it from there, rather than the main library.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

NEO123

I don't see a bookmark node. This is what i have:

NEO123

Never mind, i found the option to show the bookmark node.

NEO123

How exactly the bookmarking works? Because if i press ctrl+d it sets a time in the 'start' column and if i press ctrl+d again it set a end time in the 'end' column in the same bookmark row. Then if i play the bookmark it play just the time between the 'start' and 'end' section. I want to create a bookmark when i want to stop listening and when i want to continue listening just to play the bookmark from the time i stopped listening. 

NEO123

If i start listening audiobook for a first time and, for example, after listening for 20 minutes i press ctrl+d and then 'stop' it marks the bookmark at 20:00 from the beginning. Then if i start the audiobook again and listening for 10 minutes, then press ctrl+d it doesn't mark the next bookmark at 30:00 minutes from the beginning, but at 10 minutes from the beginning. Why?

frankz

Why are you using bookmarks for this at all?  Audiobooks have "remember playback position" enabled by default.  If you've properly added them to your library as audiobooks, they should just start playing where you left off.

NEO123

Why are you using bookmarks for this at all?  Audiobooks have "remember playback position" enabled by default.  If you've properly added them to your library as audiobooks, they should just start playing where you left off.

"remember playback position" is enabled but doesn't seem to work for me. Audiobook starts always from the beginning.

NEO123

Does anyone can explain how the bookmarking works? I can't figure it out. If i have a bookmark at 15 minutes from the beginning, for example, if i play the bookmark i see that the counter in the main player does not start from 15:00:00 but from 0:00:00. I guess that's why if i bookmark again the time do not add up to the existing time of the previous bookmark.

NEO123

I guess i will have to start the audiobook from the beginning every time and manually move the slider to the bookmarked time. I am not sure if this is not a bug because the counter should start to count from the time when the bookmark is added, not from 0:00:00.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Essentially, a bookmark is like a new track starting/ending from where you placed the bookmark. It's treated separately from the original file, which is why you see this behavior.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

NEO123

Essentially, a bookmark is like a new track starting/ending from where you placed the bookmark. It's treated separately from the original file, which is why you see this behavior.

I see. But isn't the main purpose of bookmarking to start listening from where you left? With the way bookmarking is implemented in Musicbee this is not possible.