Author Topic: Three questions  (Read 1070 times)

Progatron

Hello all!  :)

First, let me say what a beautiful program MB is. I love how much customizing I can do, and it's about the nicest looking one out there!

Three quick questions though, as I've had some trouble figuring these out:

1. How is the functionality with the Sony Walkman series? I have an NWZ-A17 and I really don't want to use Media Go anymore, especially now that I've found MB. I see that MB recognizes the device, but a quick attempt to put a playlist on it did not prove successful. Also, is there any way of displaying the music on the device in the same way as my music library? (i.e. with full album covers in horizontal grid format)... thus far I can only see plain filenames and that will make it very difficult to use it without regressing back to Media Go.

2. Are there plans in the future to add a "Recently Added" sorting ability? I've researched it a bit and see that you can do it in a roundabout way using the playlist function, but that is not ideal. I practically live in Recently Added, so I'd really appreciate this ability. (Unless it is in fact already there and I'm just too thick to see it!)

3. Is there a way of streaming out via my home network? I was able to do this with Media Go by right-clicking the first song and using the "Throw" feature, which sent it to my stereo system via my Sony blu-ray player. Worked beautifully - until it didn't. Now Media Go can't see my blu-ray player despite the fact that it is clearly connected to my network (and I can stream YT videos, etc.)

I really do love the look and the usability of MB, it would be perfect if it had these features.  8)

Thanks in advance for any and all help! Cheers.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm no help with 1 and 3, but for 2 you can put Date Added as a field in the main panel and sort by it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Progatron

I see that field in the preferences, but what I'm talking about is the ability to quickly swap between alphabetical and date added, with the individual Album/Artist priority fields remaining intact regardless of which I choose. This way, I can view my entire library from Artist A-Z, or from most recent to least recent. But either way, the fields don't change, only how the library is currently being sorted.

I hope that makes sense! :D

frankz

Add the field to the view and sort by it. It's not in the preferences. This will do exactly what your asking.

You may want to view the Wiki from the link above to familiarize yourself with the anatomy and terminology of MusicBee. It's useful.

Progatron

Gotcha, will do just that! Thanks.  8)