Author Topic: Changing Folder Names  (Read 3318 times)

Spoox

I apologize for asking a bit of a silly question but i'm terrible & trying to describe the problem i have so cannot find the answer i'm looking for.

I have my music collection setup like this:

Hard Drive (D:) / Albums / then i have multiple folders with the genre name. e.g Genres A-F

Genres A-F are individual folders & are the different genres of music i have. I like to keep the same genres together.

I want to rename these folders one by one & obviously doing so MusicBee will no longer play the files.

How do i rename the folders without having to add all my albums again please?
I have multiple albums in each folder so would takes ages if i have to re-add them all.

Thanks a lot :)

P.S. I hope my question makes sense?

frankz

If you want to rename them according to some set standard (all by album name, all by artist name, all by genre, etc.), then use MB's auto-organize functions and a template.

If you want to rename them individually, then do it from within MusicBee.  In the left panel computer node, you can right click the folder and select Rename.

Either way will keep the library data for those files in tact.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Organizing

Spoox

Thank you very much frankz   :)

I'll give this a try this evening.

Spoox

Still can't figure this out sorry :(

I'll try to explain it better...

On my external Hard drive i have a folder named Albums

In this folder i have 10 new folders. All contain different Genres of music (I keep the same types of genres together so need multiple folders)

At the moment i have: Genre Name + Genre Name + Genre Name if the folder has 3 different genres. Some have 2 genres Genre Name + Genre Name & others have 4. Genre Name + Genre Name + Genre Name + Genre Name

I want to remove the + between the genre names & replace with a / symbol.

When making these changes obviously MusicBee will no longer play the files. How can i make the change to:
Genre Name / Genre Name / Genre Name

And not have to add all my albums again? Something like when you want to change the drive letter on a hard drive?

e.g. If your hard drive is (C:) & you rename it to (D:) you'd then have to have MusicBee search the (D:) for your music collection.

Thank you :)

frankz

Spoox

Yes i'm able to use a /
Normally you can't use these but it's a copied / from Wikipedia :)

Spoox

Yes i'm able to use a /
Normally you can't use these but it's a copied / from Wikipedia :)

I've already used the copied / on another folder (before adding the albums to MB) & works fine.

frankz

What problem are you having using this in the Computer Node then?

Spoox

What problem are you having using this in the Computer Node then?

I wasn't sure how to do it, sorry :-[

frankz

Display your folders in the computer node as described in the link I provided, right click the folder you want to rename, select rename, rename as desired.

Spoox

Display your folders in the computer node as described in the link I provided, right click the folder you want to rename, select rename, rename as desired.

Thank you. Will try that now :)