Author Topic: Musicbee shows 'Various Artists' instead the name of the artist  (Read 4176 times)

NEO123

I have some artists that have one album, compilation or hits, but Musicbee doesn't show the name of the artist but instead shows 'Various Artists'. I checked the tags and i couldn't find anything wrong with the tags. This is a example:

Mauser69

Generally this would be caused by the Album Artist tag being set to "Various Artists".  Unless it is a 'Best of the Decade' type of album, you would most often see both the Album Artist and Artist tags on each track to be the same.

Check the tags for the whole album, and if the Artist tag shows "Mixed" there, it might be a hint to why the default Album Artist was set to Various.

Mauser69

So your Album Artist tag is blank - change that to Yes and problem solved.

frankz

I think this is due to the "iTunes Compilation" flag on the settings tab.  If that's off, Album Artist will default to being the same as Artist when blank.  If you turn it on, it defaults to being "Various Artists" .

NEO123

I think this is due to the "iTunes Compilation" flag on the settings tab.  If that's off, Album Artist will default to being the same as Artist when blank.  If you turn it on, it defaults to being "Various Artists" .

That worked, thanks.
But i have another problem though. I have a artist, with one album, that appear twice in the artists column and one of the entry shows strange symbols instead of the artist name, and that entry does not show all the songs in the album. Again, i looked in the tags but i couldn't find anything out of ordinary:

NEO123

Never mind, i found the problem. There was a second tag for 'artist' which was visible after clicking on the grey square that is at the end of the artist tab field.