Author Topic: Missing fields in Search and Replace funtion  (Read 1366 times)

Oliver One

Hello,

In the "Search and Replace" function. all fields are not presents. I want for example searching (and replacing) in Original Year and it's not in the list.

Tybot

I believe "Lyrics" is also absent, not sure why this is. IIRC, "Original Year" is a fairly new default tag so that might be the reason in your case.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What version of musicbee are you running? If it's not 3.2, try getting the new release candidate from the first forum board.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Oliver One

What version of musicbee are you running? If it's not 3.2, try getting the new release candidate from the first forum board.

Question is for me? I have a last 3.2.6738.34774. All fields are presents in personalized search but not in search and replaceā€¦

Oliver One

And there is another issue (a bug even) in this function, I use five Custom's Fields and just two appears in the list! ;)

Oliver One

Important precision, fields who disappears in the list are those with other type than "String". Example, Custom field with the type "String" disappears if I change the type to "Number".

Tybot

Important precision, fields who disappears in the list are those with other type than "String". Example, Custom field with the type "String" disappears if I change the type to "Number".

I don't believe you're suppose to change that setting.

I have custom tags whose values are numbers only and I've never changed that setting. If it's visible in the "Search and Replace" function as "string", why would you even need to change it?

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can absolutely change field types for custom and virtual tags, that's intentional.  But looks like Steven's solved it, in any case!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Oliver One

Wonderful! Now I access to all fields I want. Thanks Steven.