Author Topic: new Find More Artists command  (Read 2102 times)

Bixwil

It seems that the commands " right click/ Search/ Find More Artists" is not working well or is it necessary to enable it in some way?

Thanks.

frankz

It seems that the commands " right click/ Search/ Find More Artists" is not working well or is it necessary to enable it in some way?

Thanks.
Its purpose is to find artists tagged to the track other than the display artist, and it does this well. In what way are you trying to use it?

Bixwil

Hello Frankz.

It seems that I am not understanding well this command, but I think it would be very useful to be able to locate and play the same song played by other artists, maybe in other rhythms, or in cover versions. For example the song "Almaz" played by Randy Crawford has beautiful versions of Ingrid Simons, Heidy Tamme, Janet Kay, Fried Pride, Joolz Gianni & Dina Carroll. So, I think, it would be useful if any of these versions can be located easily for the other performers.
I apologize for my bad english.
Thank you.

frankz

Steven

• Administrator
I think it would be very useful to be able to locate and play the same song played by other artists, maybe in other rhythms, or in cover versions.
If you right click on the track title field, with the new version right click/ Search/ Find Title xxxxx" will locate all tracks with the same title
right click on the track title in the main panel

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

Bixwil

phred

• Global Moderator
If you right click on the track title field, with the new version right click/ Search/ Find Title xxxxx" will locate all tracks with the same title
right click on the track title in the main panel
Very nice Steven. Any chance of getting the same functionality in the Albums/Expanded View?
Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:54:03 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Any chance of getting the same functionality in the Albums/Expanded View?
thats done for the next v3.2 update

phred

• Global Moderator
Very nice Steven. Any chance of getting the same functionality in the Albums/Expanded View?
Great! Thanks very much.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here