Author Topic: Best way to apply multiple keywords to songs?  (Read 1393 times)

sandboks

I've recently discovered MusicBee and I'm really impressed by the custom "Mood" and "Keywords" tags you can apply to each song. I've been using to keywords to make auto playlists for different purposes, and it's working great so far.

The problem I have is that for some songs, I want to apply multiple keywords. When I'm editing the tags of multiple songs to apply the same keyword, that causes problems if I'm editing a song that has any keyword already applied to it. (the field will show "multiple values", and I'll be overwriting whatever was there already)

At the moment, I'm deselecting songs that have values already and doing those separately, one at a time... But that's pretty inconvenient and way too slow if I plan on using lots of different keywords.

Is there a better way of doing this? If I could create custom tags that show up as a yes/no checkbox, that would be perfect.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Howdy! If you update to the 3.2 version in my signature, I believe it had the functionality you want. You could also.try using the Tag Inspector (see the wiki). In either case, just be aware that all changes you make will affect all selected files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)