Author Topic: Cannot Rename Playlists  (Read 1752 times)

atreyuu2003

Have not found anything about this issue anywhere. I am just getting acclimated to MusicBee, since WMP is a thing of the past (Microsoft shooting themselves in the foot again), and so far it's awesome. However, I cannot rename playlists. I have tried both ways, doing a slow-left-click and right clicking and selecting "Rename." After I type in the new name of the playlist, it just reverts back to what it already was; highly frustrating. Has anyone got a fix for this issue? Thank you, kindly, in advance.

Troy

phred

• Global Moderator
What happens if you launch MB as administrator? If that works, I'd suggest using the portable install version of MB and installing to a Windows non-system path.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

atreyuu2003

Thanks, but I already tried that, and it doesn't work. Should have said that at the start. Sorry, man. Is this an isolated incident, since I haven't seen anyone else with this complaint in any of my Bing searches.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks, but I already tried that, and it doesn't work. Should have said that at the start.
Yes.

Sorry, man. Is this an isolated incident, since I haven't seen anyone else with this complaint in any of my Bing searches.
Yes again.

What version are you running? Installed, portable, or from Windows Store?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

Then can you update your playlists? Probably not.

Try moving your playlists folder to another place in Preferences> Library in case it's a permission issue.
Also make sure no other running programs lock the playlists.

Mauser69

I do not run as administrator, and I generally have no problems renaming a playlist.

I say "generally" because I did see this once or twice.  Not really sure why, but I started making sure I hit enter after I finished typing the new name, and it has always taken since then.

atreyuu2003

I can update my playlists, just can't rename them.  I'll try some of the other things you mentioned and see if anything works.

atreyuu2003

Found it! It was the "Enter" button. You can't just click to the side after renaming like in WMP. You must hit the "Enter" key for it to take.

Thank you, all!