Author Topic: Is it possible to change the icons in Playlist Explorer  (Read 4240 times)

Philip

I'm a new user of MusicBee (having moved across from iTunes) with a library of around 190,000 MP3s which I try hard to keep tagged and organised.

I use a number of both Static and Auto playlists to help with my organisation, but the icons for these in Playlist Explorer appear to be almost identical.

Is there any way to set an icon per playlist (or at least change the default icons for Static and Auto playlists)?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum.

Many thanks.

Philip
--
Philip

redwing

If you update to v3.2 (see first forum), it's supported. Right click on the playlist header panel> Choose playlist picture.

Philip

Thank you very much.

That works for the icon in the playlist header panel, but it doesn't seem to change the icon next to the playlist name in Playlist Explorer - this is what I'd like to change.

(In Preferences > Layout (1) > left main panel, I have thumbnail browser set to "Medium Thumbnails" and "hide for playlists" is unticked. ).
--
Philip

Steven

• Administrator
playlist icon support was implemented in v3.2

add a 16x16px .png file in the same folder as the playlist, with the same name as the playlist ending in ".Icon.png"
eg.
xxxx.Icon.png

by default playlists are in:
C:\Users\<your id>\Music\MusicBee\Playlists