Author Topic: How to embed lyrics the fastest way for multiple songs?  (Read 9505 times)

Threetwentykbps

I have like 2k songs and want to embed lyrics in them. Is there a way I can batch-embed lyrics? Or a hotkey for automatically searching lyrics, downloading and embedding them into the song? Also, My library doesn't show all the songs. I store them in different folders for different artists so I have some songs like 2 sub-folders deep and I don't think MusicBee can find them. My library location is in Documents>Music>Collection>(Artist).

Alumni

If you haven't got it already, you might want to install this plugin: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25406.0

Next you'll want to configure the lyric providers under MusicBee preferences -> tags (2). In the same window there is also an option to automatically fetch lyrics for playing track and to save them without a prompt. To batch process your existing music files, select all -> right click -> auto-tag by track -> update missing lyrics. Depending on the size of your library this could take a few hours.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
For the question about your missing files, MusicBee should be able to handle any number of subfolders. How are you adding them to your library? If you can identify a file that should be present and isn't, can you see anything special about it?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Threetwentykbps

Actually I think It's working fine now. I checked my Inbox just recently cuz that's where all my music files are supposed to be according to the MusicBee FAQs and they're all right there. 3 months ago they weren't though. It only showed like 90% of my total songs. However, My inbox has this number on the right side "10156". I don't get if those are the number of files cuz I only have 2,293 songs.
Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:42:16 AM by Threetwentykbps

redwing

That bug was fixed months ago. Update to the latest version from first forum.

Techminator

Next you'll want to configure the lyric providers under MusicBee preferences -> tags (2). In the same window there is also an option to automatically fetch lyrics for playing track and to save them without a prompt. To batch process your existing music files, select all -> right click -> auto-tag by track -> update missing lyrics. Depending on the size of your library this could take a few hours.
[/quote]

Sometimes and quite often so, the wrong lyrics are being downloaded.