Author Topic: Date created field  (Read 2292 times)

LeCluz

Hi !

I'm not sure what exactly the difference is between fields date added and Date added (album). However, this is my understanding that both are MB internal as opposed as Date modified which appears to be the System Modification Date for the file on disk.
That would be great to have the System Creation Date field in MB for sorting. If for some reason, files are removed and re-added to the library, the original date added is lost. The Creation date would be great to have because this date never changes.

Thanks and keep up the good work, Musicbee is awesome !!

Pierre

Coogan

That's happened to me a few times.
Now my whole library is dated for 2018, but I have songs on there from several years ago.
My MusicBee Version:

boroda

you can copy date created pseudo-tag to custom tag with tag tools plugin.

LeCluz

Thanks. I guess it's a workaround, but not very intuitive in my opinion

boroda

you can also auto-copy date created to custom tag with ASR of tag tools plugin: find 'toy: copy tag' preset, adjust source and destination tags and tick this preset for auto applying. date created will be copied if new tracks are added to the library. not very intuitive too, but this is one-time action, which will not require any further actions from you.

foxj

Has anyone explored this topic further?   Displaying / sorting on the filesystem "Date Created" tag?

boroda

you can copy date created pseudo-tag to custom tag with tag tools plugin.

you can also auto-copy date created to custom tag with ASR of tag tools plugin: find 'toy: copy tag' preset, adjust source and destination tags and tick this preset for auto applying. date created will be copied if new tracks are added to the library. not very intuitive too, but this is one-time action, which will not require any further actions from you.

then rename that custom tag to 'date created' and use it for displaying/sorting as you wish.

note: also you can use that asr  preset in virtual tag (without copying date created to custom tag).