Author Topic: Duplicate Manager to keep one path without having to drag between the columns.  (Read 595 times)

imminiman

• Music is my life, 'cause my life is music.
The recent updates to the duplicates manager gave me motivation to request this.

One of the procedures I use in organizing my music is where I copy one folder with files in an active torrent to another place, then I use the duplicates manager to turn the entire new folder into .asx files. This way I can change the metadata title / artist / etc. in the .asx files to my liking without causing the torrent to stop working.

The problem is, as you can see in the following image, that some files from the new folder in the duplicates manager are on the left side instead of being on the right. I couldn't figure out what causes them to be on either side, and it seems pretty random to me.

Can we please get a way to to tell MusicBee to keep every file in one folder and replace the files in the other one without needing to drag each file to its right column? Maybe a switch button too in case MB guessed wrong which folder is supposed to be on which side.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.5 update, the file path is now included in the sorting criteria so should be consistent for which folder is on the left and on the right