Author Topic: "Send To" > "Copy" to use the original MP3 instead of ASX  (Read 4081 times)

aidanw

I'm using the "Replace with reference" function in Find Duplicates a lot - this is a great feature and a really good implementation.
My car stereo has USB input so I frequently copy MP3 files to a USB stick for in the car using right-click "Send to" > "Folder (Copy)".

However this copies the ASX file not the MP3 that it references - which is a bit useless when playing from the USB stick.
Could the function be tweaked to copy the original MP3 instead please?

As a side note, how does the ASX file store the 5-star rating? Is it updated in the original MP3? Or just in the MB database?
I don't really know but it'd seem to make sense to update the original MP3 since the ASX file indicates that it's a duplicate, and therefore you'd be unlikely to rate the same song differently?

aidanw

"bump" (being rude)

Is this not possible? If so (totally understandable!) could you let me know, as I'll go back and replace the asx files with duplicate mp3s :-(

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
yes i do intend to look at this but all my spare time at the moment is looking at issues/ queries

Steven

• Administrator
thats done for the next update. Let me know if you want to try it out and i will give you a build

aidanw

I can test it late afternoon (9am here, so in about 7hrs)

Thank you!