Author Topic: Multiple MusicBee instances  (Read 1917 times)

annomatik

Right now, I have MusicBee running on one PC, there, all the AutoDJ, SmartPlaylists, etc are set up.

But I have multiple PCs with multiple users in my network (and one centralized NAS). Would it be possible to install MusicBee on multiple PCs, so that e.g. the definitions of the smart playlists are also on a share so multiple users from multiple PCs can change them?

Thanks!

frankz

Accessing the same library from multiple PCs is already possible by putting your library files and also your music files in network shares or on NAS.  I do this every day.

You'll run into problems running more than one instance at a time, though, so having multiple users access the library from different PCs is a very bad idea unless you can keep them from accessing it at the same time.  It works for me because I'm diligent about making sure MB is closed on one computer before opening it on the other.
Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:59:57 PM by frankz

annomatik

Sounds good, that would already help me. How do I do that?

My music files are on a NAS, the generated playlists ("automatically export a static copy") as well, but where do I specify where to put the rest?

frankz

This post and the "Sharing a library over LAN" post in the Tips & Tricks forum should give you a good start.