Author Topic: "Stop After Track" doesn't  (Read 3844 times)

frankz

I've tried using the newly added "Stop After Track" feature. 

"Playback will stop after current track" (paraphrased) comes up in the status bar at the appropriate track, but playback doesn't actually stop when it's over.  The message stays there while all future tracks play until playback is manually stopped.

frankz

UPDATE: Tried on 6716, and it worked two out of three times.  The time it didn't was when I tried it on the currently playing track, but I don't know if that means anything or not.

That time, it kept playing after the selected "Stop" track, but right click menu still shows "Stop After Track" and the title of the track that had just previously played.

Steven

• Administrator
Are you using Playing Tracks or Upcoming Tracks. Is it the main panel or sidebar. And which view are you using in the panel?

frankz

On both installs:

Playing tracks

Main panel

Track details

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I just tried that function, and the playing stopped 3 tracks on from where I activated the 'Stop After Track' from the 'Playing Tracks' tab.

An additional feature/function that would be of use if the 'Auto-Shutdown' setting could have the option to:
Turn off computer @ 'end of track', 'elapsed minutes', 'end of playlist' PLUS 'after nn tracks'.
Or another version or combination of the 'right click Stop After Track' option.
i.e. 'Stop Playback' OR 'Turn off PC', after 3 tracks...
Kind Regards: Freddy  - MusicBee Portable v3.2.6715
Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:45:20 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

Steven

• Administrator
@frankz, i cant reproduce this so would you mind sending me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
i am not able to reproduce using your settings, however it has occured to me that if you re-organise the file after marking it that the function wont work. Is that what you are doing? If so, its an easy fix

frankz

No my files are already organized before I ever play them.

I do have other things happening - ASR Presets that get applied automatically based on play, for example.  Would that affect it? 

I tested last night specifically stopping on files that would not have ASR preset applied, but there were such files in the queue.

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this debug version and send me the new info at the end of the error log after it doesnt stop (help/ support/ view error log)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fut1af5cahtjkb9/MusicBeeDebugPlayStop.zip

Steven

• Administrator
According to the log it should have worked so the problem must be elsewhere. If you are playing a song, right click on the player panel/ Stop After Current
does that stop playback at the end of the track

frankz

Yes.  Stop after current works fine.

Another piece of info that may or may not be relevant - I was on last.fm this morning and noticed that, twice, a song I remember having clicked "Stop after Track" on had double-scrobbled.  They were the only ones I saw in my scrobbles that had done that, but not every song for which "Stop after Track" had not worked was double-scrobbled.
Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:23:23 PM by frankz

Steven

• Administrator
The "Stop After Track" function simply invokes "Stop After Current" when the appropriate track starts playback. According to the log you sent thats exactly what happened as expected. So unfortunately i will leave this unsolved.
However I did find one bug where the "Playback will stop..." message isnt displayed (it still stops though) and thats fixed for the next update

frankz

Understood.  Thanks anyway for looking into it.

One additional oddity I noticed, in case it might trigger and idea as to why it's not working for me: I noticed last night that, when it keeps playing past the track I have selected to stop on, Now Playing stops scrolling the tracks.  I have "Highlight Playing Tracks in the Playing Tracks panel: Select Track" selected.

In other words, my track list shows about 20 tracks.  Normally, when 21 starts playing, #1 will go off the screen and #21 will show.  But if I select the 19th track to stop on and it keeps playing past that track to 20 and 21, the tracks displayed do not change when I get past the 20th.

But like I said I understand that, unless the info above triggers some brainstorm, you've done what you can, and I appreciate you having taken the time.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
"Stop After Track" was also not working for me, even though "Stop After Current" works fine.

Turned off various plugins and settings, one by one, until I think I have tracked down the culprit.

If crossfade is enabled, MB displays the "Playback will stop..." message but just keeps playing.  Turn it off and it works just fine  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together