Author Topic: Possible to use Artist picture inside autoHide?  (Read 4795 times)

Tybot

As the topic says. Is it possible to use the "ArtistPicture" element inside another panel that's autohidden?

I've been trying the following:

Code
	<!-- Artist Info Panel-->

<autoHide name="#ArtistInfo" x="0" y="0" widthDock="Panel" width="0" heightDock="Panel" height="0" resizePictures="true" disableHotPoint="true" >

<element type="BackgroundAlbumCover" brightness="0.7" refreshInterval="EndOfTrack"></element>

<element type="Block" x="0" y="0" widthDock="X:Panel.Right" width="0" heightDock="Y:Panel.Bottom" height="0" bg="200,0,0,0" />

<element type="ArtistPicture"  xAnchor="Panel.5" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.43" y="0" align="Middle.Left" widthDock="Panel.Width.43" width="0" heightDock="Panel.Width.43" height="0" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="255,10,10,10" fade="0.0"></element>

<element name="#ArtistInfoPanel" type="Block" xAnchor="Panel.52" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.43" y="2" align="Middle.Left" widthDock="Panel.Width.43" width="1" heightDock="Panel.Width.43" height="-1" bg="255,0,0,0" fg="255,255,255" fg2="255,255,255" disableHotPoint="true" allowPinning="true" resizePictures="false" />

<element type="Field" id="Artist" xAnchor="#ArtistInfoPanel.10" x="0" yAnchor="#ArtistInfoPanel.2" y="8" widthDock="x:#ArtistInfoPanel.90" width="0" font="Maven Pro" align="center" style="Bold" size="24" fg="230,230,230" ></element>

<element type="ArtistInfo" xAnchor="#ArtistInfoPanel.10" x="0" yAnchor="#ArtistInfoPanel.10" y="0" widthDock="x:#ArtistInfoPanel.90" width="0"  heightDock="y:#ArtistInfoPanel.90" height="0" font="Microsoft YaHei UI" style="Bold" size="13.5" fg="230,230,230" fg2="230,230,230"></element>

</autoHide>

The result is that nothing happens. If I copy/paste the same artist picture element outside of the autohide, it shows up as expected.

redwing

I don't know it's a bug but it seems it requires that element first used outside an autohide panel. So add an invisible picture element first outside the panel then it will work.

Tybot

Interesting. How do I add an invisible element? I tried pasting the same line outside the autohide and set the fade to "1.0", which causes the album cover to display as usual in the default panel which it should. But when I try to open the artistinfo panel I get this:

https://i.imgur.com/G5mOH5q.jpg

redwing

How do I add an invisible element?

For instance you could set negative values for both x and y.

Tybot

Looks like progress, I now have the artist picture where I want it. However, when I add the following line outside of the autohide, the tracklist becomes visible through the bio and lyrics block. Can you see any reason as to why this would happen? Changing the fade to "1.0" produces the grey box in my screenshot.

<element name="#ArtistPicture" type="ArtistPicture" x="-330" y="-330" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="255,0,0,0" fade="0.0"></element>

Example (right part of the screen): https://i.imgur.com/G5mOH5q.jpg

redwing

Tybot

Unfortunately it made no difference. Adding this line:

<element name="#ArtistPicture" type="ArtistPicture" x="-330" y="-330" width="5" height="5" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="255,0,0,0" fade="0.0" disableHotPoint="true"></element>

Causes this behaviour across all autohidden panels:

https://i.imgur.com/lHbMNvF.jpg

You mentioned that having to add to the above code outside the autohide for it show inside the autohide might be a bug. Could that be what I'm working against and therefore the problem might not be solvable?

Tybot

Solved!

Adding the above code to the absolute top of the skin, before all the other panels did the trick. Didn't know position of the lines were that big of an issue. Everything seems to be working exactly as it should.

On a different note, do you know were the artist picture are sourced from and if it's something I can control locally? I've spent some time acquiring artist pictures located in "C:\Users\Admin\Music\MusicBee\Artist Pictures\Thumb". To be able to use these pictures would be awesome.

redwing

Try adding this to the picture element and see if it defaults to the local picture in that folder:

pictureSize="Square"

Tybot

Worked like a charm! Thank you redwing for all your help!

Edit: It does seem to default to the internalcache folder which means low-res. The backup-plan is to copy and replace the high-res ones to that folder.

Edit2: That plan didn't work as MB overwrites the files upon restart.
Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:13:08 PM by Tybot

redwing

Yeah, looks like it only reads cache. Request the feature then as this sub-forum has TM requests thread.