Author Topic: I cannot convert an AAC file - please help  (Read 2621 times)

adamf

• Hello and thanks in advance for any help you give
Hello,

I am new to this software and I have done a lot of reading on my issue before deciding to ask a question on it.

I have an iTunes album that I want to convert to MP3 and have tried to do so but I keep getting the BASS error.
I have downloaded several LAME programmes but none of them work and I keep getting the BASS error on pressing convert files proceed button.

I have tried to adjust player settings too in the preferences as another poster suggested but nothing works.

Overall it looks a great alternative to itunes but this issue is very annoying - can anyone help at all?
Thanks in advance,
Adam

frankz

Lame works fine.  Put the latest lame.exe somewhere and then point MB to it under Edit->Edit Preferences->File Converters.

Without knowing what you did wrong in your set up, we have no way to know why it's not working.  Saying you adjusted the settings without saying what they are doesn't give very much helpful information.  Screenshots are best.

Information about the source file format would also be helpful.  Is it lossless?

Start here:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#How_do_I_rip.2Fconvert_to_MP3_or_AAC_files_with_MusicBee.3F
Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:57:19 PM by frankz

adamf

Hi and thanks for helping me with this.

So the files I want to add are like this:

I have downloaded a lame encoder and it is in the codecs area of the programme and is live. Here is a screenshot:

Every time i highlight the files I want to convert to mp3, I get this screen:

The player properties look like this:

I did adjust them but I think I reverted back to the original settings when nothing worked.

Does this help at all?

Thanks again, much appreciated.
It looks like my screenshots have not been added from mediafire. - it is just not my day today!!
Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:59:12 PM by adamf

supersonic

They're not DRM protected iTunes aac files are they? As that will stop them being able to be converted (and played), however if they were bought after 2009 then they shouldn't be.

phred

• Global Moderator
It looks like my screenshots have not been added from mediafire. - it is just not my day today!!
Don't use MediaFire. Use Imgur: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

adamf

I have just checked and they are protected! Aggghhh Hours of wasted time. Thanks for nothing Apple!
Thanks guys for your comments and trying to help. I think i am going to like this much more over iTunes :)
Cheers
Ad

sveakul

adamf:  if you still have an iTunes account, there is supposedly a way to re-download most (some?) of the protected songs in unprotected "iTunes Plus" format via an "iTunes Match Subscripion".   I do not have, "nor have I ever had", an iTunes account, but you might want to check out what this Apple Support page says about it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201616

Good luck!  And yes, you ARE going to like MusicBee much better  :)