Author Topic: Musicbee deleted my whole library  (Read 2038 times)

allforcarrie

I was syncing a USB drive and bam... all of my music is GONE!!!!

I have had problems with tracks or albums dissapearing but, damn several hundred gigs of data wiped instantly.

frankz

Is that a question?

Gone from where?  You'd have to work pretty diligently to get MusicBee to delete files from your computer.  It's presented as an option that you'd have to select when deleting from the library, or you'd have to hold down SHIFT while pressing Delete.  It doesn't just wipe your disk on its own.

What really happened?

phred

• Global Moderator
Unless you had something misconfigured, it's not very likely that MB would delete an entire library. But more details would be helpful in figuring out what happened.

You were syncing from what to what?
What steps did you take in order to sync?
MB version number?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

allforcarrie

My entire music folder is gone. I am running recuva rite now to get it back, uninstalled MB.

captain_paranoia

I'd suspect a hard disk error. Given that it's a USB drive, I'd look at the connectors and cable.

It takes quite a while to physically wipe hundreds of gigabytes of data from a hard disk; I've just cleared about 80GB from the recycle bin of a USB drive, whilst tidying up exported MP3 files. It certainly didn't happen 'instantly'.

supersonic

It does sound more like a hard drive problem than MusicBees, but either way it demonstrates the importance of having backups if you don't have multiple copies of your data you're asking for trouble.