Author Topic: MusicBee App - Where is the installation path?  (Read 13077 times)

stardepp

Where is the installation path of the MusicBee App? Because I want to use Minilyrics with the MusicBee app and must specify the installation path of MusicBee App in Minilyrics.
Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:11:17 AM by stardepp

imminiman

• Music is my life, 'cause my life is music.
Right click on the MusicBee Icon, then choose "Properties", then choose "Open File Location".

stardepp

No, I do not mean MusicBee.exe, but the path of MusicBee from the Windows 10 Appstore. I know the path to MusicBee.exe.

Steven

• Administrator
i am afraid Microsoft try and hide that folder
I dont have the store version installed at the moment but its somewhere in a path like this:
C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Local\Packages\50072StevenMayall.MusicBee_kcr266et74avj\

Brad

i am afraid Microsoft try and hide that folder
I dont have the store version installed at the moment but its somewhere in a path like this:
C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Local\Packages\50072StevenMayall.MusicBee_kcr266et74avj\

This is what I have, there is no folder in the Program Files or Program Files(x86).  Also, when I go to uninstall it, there is no Musicbee provided in the uninstall region.

I am trying to uninstall it and reinstall from scratch.  Any ideas?

Azirahael

I have similar but slightly different problems.

WIN 10 Music Bee does not show on the list of programs to open files with.
No problem, RMB 'open with' and find the file...
Umm.

and when i search the 50072StevenMayall.MusicBee_kcr266et74avj\ location, there is no .EXE file, or anything else that works either.
So i have no option to associate playlist files with musicbee.

captain_paranoia

> WIN 10 Music Bee does not show on the list of programs to open files with.

Uninstall the 'Windows Store' version, and download and install from this site? then at least it will be installed somewhere within your control, not some mysterious location determined by the Ghost of Steve Jobs influencing the Spirit of Bill Gates...

> and when i search the 50072StevenMayall.MusicBee_kcr266et74avj\ location

I'm going to guess that this won't be the actual location; the actual location will be some weird folder determined by your Microsoft ID, and some other obfuscating function. As Steven says, Microsoft are trying to hide things from you, going down the Apple path of "you don't need to worry your pretty little head about where things are".

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/change-install-location-windows-10-apps/

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Uninstall the 'Windows Store' version, and download and install from this site? then at least it will be installed somewhere within your control, not some mysterious location determined by the Ghost of Steve Jobs influencing the Spirit of Bill Gates...

Good advice!
I use the portable version whereby EVERYTHING is stored on my PC  in "D:\MusicBee", so no surprises, also dead easy to make backups!

Silviu

You must activate 'view hidden folders' to find on this the path the folder, then to access it as n administrator. See on internet "how to access windows 10 apps. Not so easy  ;D!