Author Topic: Importing itunes playlist from NAS under MacOS. [Nevermind, doesnt work]  (Read 675 times)

Rivethead

All of my music is on a Synology NAS on a volume mapped as M: in Windows. Under MacOS its mounted as a share named Music. This way I have a central location of all my music reachable by any device.

I created a few top 25 playlists. Exported them as m3u and tried importing them in MB. However the lists are empty. Opened up a playlist in notepad++ and saw that all the files pointed to the NAS volume the way MacOS sees it. Created a test playlist in MB and compared the two:

Itunes Playlist under MacOS: /Volumes/music/Music/A/Alice In Chains/1990 - Facelift/Alice In Chains - (1990) - Facelift - 3 - Sea Of Sorrow.m4a
Musicbee Playlist under Windows 10: M:\Music\A\Alice In Chains\1990 - Facelift\Alice In Chains - (1990) - Facelift - 3 - Sea Of Sorrow.m4a

So is it not possible to use playlists made on a different OS and import into musicbee? If not is there something Im missing option wise, either in itunes on mac or MB itself?
Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:20:47 AM by Rivethead

Rivethead

So exported the xml from Itunes on my mac and imported it in MB. Playlists that I spent some time and effort creating in iTunes on my macbook appear in MB, but are totally empty. I even manually changed paths in the files themselves in notepad++, making sure they were IDENTICAL to what MB handles paths, and it still will not accept it. MacOS and Windows read network share paths differently theres no getting around this.

Anyway thanks for no help. Glad I posted here..
Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:49:21 AM by Rivethead