Author Topic: DLNA Miracle (almost)  (Read 1221 times)

johnnyboy

If moderator needs to move this post then please do.
I have not used MB for a while as it would not play flac files to my Cambridge streamer. Reluctantly I moved to JRiver as Steven could not spend the time on any more development. I said in several posts this was a shame as MB was and still is the best.
So imagine my surprise and delight when after a firmware update on my streamer (mainly to stream Tidal but also other minor bug fixes) I checked out MB and found it will now play flacs. However now there is a bug on the Cambridge for all DLNA software where it will only play one track and not to move on to the next. Cambridge are aware of this and are promising a fix and have told me that once done there is no reason why I cant use MB to send flacs to the streamer.
So I am very happy to have MB back. The point is that maybe a lot of the problems with DLNA are not necessarily down to MB's plugin but the ability of the hardware to communicate universally.

sveakul

Thanks johnnyboy for the info, and for pointing out it's not always MusicBee's fault when something doesn't work.  Very glad your device's developer is stepping up on this, they must be a class act.  Good luck with the rest of the fix!

captain_paranoia

> The point is that maybe a lot of the problems with DLNA are not necessarily down to MB's plugin but the ability of the hardware to communicate universally.

I think that is the reason for Stephen's position on DLNA support; he is happy that he has a DLNA driver plugin that should be compliant, but there are so many DLNA devices out there, he would spend far too much of his time fixing/compensating for bugs in other people's DLNA implementations, which are not his responsibility. Black-box debugging of other people's code is very, very hard.

I think that's a very sensible approach...