Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Updated)  (Read 164077 times)

sveakul

Thanks LazR for this, working great after the class line change!

phred

• Global Moderator
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Redearth

https://github.com/mbfrankz/LyricsReloaded/releases/tag/1.1.14/

Thanks very much, frankz, for figuring out how to build and release a package. I legitimately have appreciated your work. I've used it for years.
Any chance you would write up how you got it to build? I, and I think others, would be grateful.

Regardless, I would love updating the readme to just successfully building the plugin. It would really help.

frankz

Thanks very much, frankz, for figuring out how to build and release a package. I legitimately have appreciated your work. I've used it for years.
Any chance you would write up how you got it to build? I, and I think others, would be grateful.

Regardless, I would love updating the readme to just successfully building the plugin. It would really help.
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here.  

I basically make all of the changes
- then I go to Build->Build Solution (F6) in Visual Studio
- then I go to the folder where the dll gets written (\%ProjectFolder%\bin\Release\merged) and copy the dll to my own installation to make sure it works.  
- If it does, I put it in a zip file.
- Then I commit the changes and sync them to github.  
- Then I create a release in github and upload the zip file.  
- Then I update the readme on github.
- Then I post a link in this thread and update the first post in this thread.  
- Then I update the musicbee add-on site from the dashboard here.  
- Then I wait for it to break again and hope someone who knows what they're doing takes it over.

Is that what you were asking?

Redearth

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here.  

I basically make all of the changes
- then I go to Build->Build Solution (F6) in Visual Studio
- then I go to the folder where the dll gets written (\%ProjectFolder%\bin\Release\merged) and copy the dll to my own installation to make sure it works.  
- If it does, I put it in a zip file.
- Then I commit the changes and sync them to github.  
- Then I create a release in github and upload the zip file.  
- Then I update the readme on github.
- Then I post a link in this thread and update the first post in this thread.  
- Then I update the musicbee add-on site from the dashboard here.  
- Then I wait for it to break again and hope someone who knows what they're doing takes it over.

Is that what you were asking?

frankz..
people, myself included, have been asking you to incorporate pull requests, and help build this package for what, nearly 2+ years?
You were resistant and seemed to agree that this project might not be worth saving. I agreed with you.
Now that you seem to be willing to help with this, can we just drop it and get together to build this project and improve it?

frankz

frankz..
people, myself included, have been asking you to incorporate pull requests, and help build this package for what, nearly 2+ years?
You were resistant and seemed to agree that this project might not be worth saving. I agreed with you.
Now that you seem to be willing to help with this, can we just drop it and get together to build this project and improve it?
I'm not sure how much more clear I can be.  I think I'm being very clear, actually, as literally every single other person on this thread seems to get it.

I am - barely - willing to do what I have been doing, which is to incorporate script fixes for the current structure of the plug-in.

I am not interested in expanding the plug-in or participating in overhauling the way it works.  I am, frankly, not capable of it.  I barely remember how to do what I did.  I would be a drag on any group project of this sort.  I AM NOT A DEVELOPER and I do not care to go further down the road of learning to be one.

Anyone who is inclined to expand the plug-in is invited to - encouraged to - fork the plug-in, take responsibility for it and for the people who rely on it, and do what they like with it.

For sites with an API, the best course of action would be to make a wishlist item to incorporate that site into MusicBee's native lyric search rather than re-invent the wheel.

There's a reason this line of discussion was split off from this thread, and that reason is that it is a pointless distraction that has no potential to be anything but one, because being involved beyond how I'm involved at this moment is not happening. Ever.
Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 03:58:33 PM by frankz

hiccup

frankz..
You've got some balls taking someone like frankz up to measure.

You have not accomplished anything at all here that is of any use to anyone.
All you have done is complaining, measuring other people's work and effort, and polluting this topic. (and also the one concerning the Spotify plugin, and probably the Beenius topic too)

Everything that people have been trying to properly explain to you has been a complete waste of time and effort.

Personally I am getting extremely tired of you.

You have your mouth full about 'DEVELOPERS'.
Saying things such as "you are not a developer", " he is not a developer', "they are not developers".
Are you?
Then CREATE something good and useful, and then share it.
Hold up your own big-boy pants.

Prove me wrong that by now I am convinced you are incapable of creating anything of value to others.

Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 07:01:28 PM by hiccup

frankz

There is a new version of the plug-in here.

I will keep the latest update to this version up for download as linked in this thread's start post, but will not be updating it further.

It's been a fun ride.

hiccup

It's been a fun ride.
Thanks for all that you have done Frankz!
(and I hope it indeed has brought some happiness under your nose)

frankz

I at least can look at and vaguely understand someone else's code now and sort of fine-tune what I see.  My big sticking point was in trying to add new things, because I'd have to research how to do every single little thing every single time.

But it was nice to feel like I was contributing to a piece of software (MB) and a community (this one) that I really like, and I hope everyone enjoys the breath of life Mayibongwe has given the plug-in and the new direction it's being taken in (a direction which appears to have been the original intent and one that I could never in a million years have even begun to accomplish).
Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 05:49:43 PM by frankz

hiccup

I trust that you ran it by redearth first before accepting Mayibongwe as the new torch carrier?
(I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, haha)

Thanks, and good luck Mayibongwe!

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks frankz. Your time and reluctance in maintaining this plugin is greatly appreciated.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

But it was nice to feel like I was contributing to a piece of software (MB) and a community (this one) that I really like, and I hope everyone enjoys the breath of life Mayibongwe has given the plug-in and the new direction it's being taken in (a direction which appears to have been the original intent and one that I could never in a million years have even begun to accomplish).
Thanks again frankz for taking this plugin through the slippery slopes and coming out successfully at the end!  Your work (incl. the GitHub page etc.) much appreciated.