Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Updated)  (Read 164087 times)

Redearth

Also for others: so as to not get the old existing Musixmatch mixed up with Redearth's new one on the Lyrics Providers priority list, I renamed the new yml-based one "musixmatch-new.yml", and changed the first line inside the file to "name: Musixmatch-new" which is how it shows up now on the list.
Unless I misunderstand what you're referring to, the custom yaml with the same name overrules the yaml included with the plugin, it doesn't show two with the same name. Same with Genius.

Redearth, as long as you're on a roll(!), how about seeing what you can do with AZLyrics, DarkLyrics, or even metal-archives (which would be better than DarkLyrics)?  Same plea goes out to crisp.

AZ Lyrics works if you just copy the plugin's yaml to your custom directory. However it was disabled from being loaded by default in the plug-in and it wasn't explained why. I assume it had to do with being IP-banned from the site. I can take a quick look at the other two and let you know.
Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 05:01:26 PM by Redearth

sveakul

Unless I misunderstand what you're referring to, the custom yaml with the same name overrules the yaml included with the plugin, it doesn't show two with the same name. Same with Genius.
Roger that, thanks.  I was unaware that the yml if present would overrule/cloak a built-in with the same name.

AZ Lyrics works if you just copy the plugin's yaml to your custom directory. However it was disabled from being loaded by default in the plug-in and it wasn't explained why. I assume it had to do with being IP-banned from the site. I can take a quick look at the other two and let you know.
Can you tell me where I can download the working AZLyrics code/yaml you refer to?  Must have missed that one somewhere.  And thanks for taking a look at metal-archives.com; the DarkLyrics site is a mere subset of that vast resource.

Edit:  Found the AZLyrics code (https://github.com/mbfrankz/LyricsReloaded/blob/master/LyricsReloaded/Configs/azlyrics.com.yml) and yes it's working fine :)
Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:17:45 AM by sveakul

hiccup

Thanks crisp & Redearth!
Working smooth indeed. This is probably a good moment for me to add lyrics to my whole Steely Dan and Leonard Cohen collection…

hiccup

I notice that for a lot of lyrics I get the parts divided and specified by:
[Verse 1] , [Chorus], [Verse 2], [Outro], etc.

(I am guessing it's Genius providing those?)

Personally I would prefer those to be left out.
If the creators/editors of these yaml's agree with this preference, perhaps regexes could be added to strip the lyrics from these descriptors?

frankz

Those are coming from Genius.  

I am waiting to see what the final versions of these two updates are (and to get some time) and then I will (with the permission of and with credit to those who have figured out what I couldn't) update the plug-in with them for what will probably be my final update.

I'd like to build the stripping those section headers into the Genius update if it's OK.  One of my self-imposed rules was only lyrics in the lyrics field.

Anyone who wants to add it to the yml until I get to doing this can put this in the "post-filters" section.
Code
- [regex, '\[.{1,75}\]', ""]

I don't remember why I removed A-to-Z but I wouldn't have done it without a reason and I'm disinclined to put it back in.  Here is the yml for it if anyone wants to add it as a custom provider.

hiccup

Anyone who wants to add it to the yml until I get to doing this can put this in the "post-filters" section.
Code
Wow, thanks for the speedy support and solution. Works great.

Redearth

thanks for taking a look at metal-archives.com; the DarkLyrics site is a mere subset of that vast resource.

I forgot I already answered someone else's question about DarkLyrics. Unfortunately the plugin straight-up doesn't support those websites, so writing a config would be impossible. It only supports URLs that include the artist and song title, and for the resulting page to have the lyrics for only one song. Those websites require the album in the URL, and there are multiple song lyrics on a single page. So, sorry about that.

sveakul

I forgot I already answered someone else's question about DarkLyrics. Unfortunately the plugin straight-up doesn't support those websites, so writing a config would be impossible. It only supports URLs that include the artist and song title, and for the resulting page to have the lyrics for only one song. Those websites require the album in the URL, and there are multiple song lyrics on a single page. So, sorry about that.
Thanks anyway Redearth for the definitive response on those, I'm happy to settle for the revised yml's you made available which do pull a LOT of lyrics from that category.  The only other source I can think of that might effectively supplement what we already have is Deezer.

phred

• Global Moderator
I notice that for a lot of lyrics I get the parts divided and specified by:
[Verse 1] , [Chorus], [Verse 2], [Outro], etc.
Yes, many, many, MANY! lyrics from Genius have these subheaders, which I detest.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks to Redearth and frankz for the updates.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

Code
I ran into lyrics sourced from Genius that used curly brackets for  {Intro}  {Outro}.
So I've added those to the regex:

Code
- [regex, '[\[\{].{1,75}[\]\}]', ""]
Or does anyone have the experience that curly brackets are used for actual lyrics sometimes too, so they would better not be removed?

frankz

Code
I ran into lyrics sourced from Genius that used curly brackets for  {Intro}  {Outro}.
So I've added those to the regex:

Code
- [regex, '[\[\{].{1,75}[\]\}]', ""]
Or does anyone have the experience that curly brackets are used for actual lyrics sometimes too, so they would better not be removed?
Nice.

I remembered that a user had suggested, and I'd added, this additional post-filter to get rid of the extra lines left when those headers are removed.
Code
- [replace, "\n\n", "\n"]

...and I think this will get rid of the extra blank line at the top.  In the original, it appeared as the last line...
Code
-trim

Also, these were in the original and not this new and improved version.  I don't know if they're relevant any more.
Code
- [regex, 'googletag.*\);', "\n"]
- [regex, '<!--sse-->', ""]
- [regex, '<!--/sse-->', ""]
- [regex, "’", "'"]

phred

• Global Moderator
Also, these were in the original and not this new and improved version.  I don't know if they're relevant any more.
Code
- [regex, "’", "'"]
Nice to see you're still keeping you hand in this, frankz. Does this part go in the filters section or the post-filters?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

Code
- [regex, "’", "'"]
Nice to see you're still keeping you hand in this, frankz. Does this part go in the filters section or the post-filters?
They were in the post-filters.  

I'm pretty sure the sse ones are irrelevant now - I put those in because that text was showing up in the lyrics and now it's not, so either the new version fixes whatever I couldn't figure out and fix in a more elegant way the first time or genius no longer includes that.

I think the googletag one is from way back when the original version was first posted in the original thread by the original author of this provider.  I don't know if it is needed any more (it doesn't seem like it).

For the plugin update I'll post once I get the time (and permission from crisp and Redearth to use their great works), I plan to use the header replacement from hiccup, the double line to single line from the user suggestion, and the quote character replacement and trim from the original, but not those other old ones as they don't appear to be needed any longer.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks again. I guess for the time being I'll leave them out as Genius does seem to be working much better now.

And it sounds like you've got (at least) one more update left in you before you completely bow out. I appreciate what you've done to breathe new life into the plugin up until now and can certainly understand if it's time to pass the torch.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki