Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Updated)  (Read 164059 times)

frankz

That's really odd behavior.  I honestly don't know why that browser thing would happen. Doesn't strike me as something the plugin should/would be able to do. 

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. 

phred

• Global Moderator
That's really odd behavior.  I honestly don't know why that browser thing would happen. Doesn't strike me as something the plugin should/would be able to do.  

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
I think it's because my attempt was the choosing the easiest way to attack. I simply substituted one URL for another in the existing YMLs. The more difficult path, and probably the more correct one, would be to examine the existing YMLs and try to understand what the RegEx is doing and then modify mine to conform.

But since Bing is not truly a lyrics provider site, it's quite possible what I'm trying to do, can't be done easily. If at all.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

BillH

I tried to uninstall Lyrics Reloaded using Preferences > Plugins > Uninstall and got the following error so it wouldn't uninstall.  Is this the right place to report this? 

Thanks,
Bill

MusicBee v3.3.7138.38094 (Win10.0), 25 Jul 2019 12:22:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Uninstall()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zEyMFOXBpDOX3Eq6A4w==.#=z9yeueks=()

frankz

Just delete the DLL from wherever you have it. I don't know what uninstall does.

sveakul

BillH:  were you having some kind of a problem with it?  Just curious, as I find it the most useful plugin in the whole app.

frankz

You'll also have a folder at C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee called mb_LyricsReloaded that can go.  Looking at the uninstall code, it looks like all it does is delete that directory.

BillH

@frankz

Ok... thanks I'll delete the DLL.

@sveakul

The plugin seemed to be working fine, but I was getting quite a few songs where the lyrics that were downloaded were not the correct lyrics for that song.  I was just doing some debugging trying to figure out where the incorrect lyrics were coming from.  Is there a way for any particular song to determine where the lyrics were downloaded from?

Thanks,
Bill

frankz

Is there a way for any particular song to determine where the lyrics were downloaded from?

Thanks,
Bill

You can look through the log at the above-referenced directory.  It's a text file. You can probably figure it out from there if it indeed came from the plugin. 

BillH

@frankz

I looked at the log and couldn't see any evidence of any lyrics being downloaded for any songs so it looks like they were downloaded prior to my having installed the plugin.  That is good news, it isn't the plugin providing the bad lyrics.  Even so I'd like to know how to tell in the plugin where the lyrics are downloaded from.

So... before deleting the DLL I re-enabled the plugin, picked a song, and used the right click option Delete Lyrics and Redo Search.  Lyrics were downloaded successfully.  I looked at the log in Appdata and see where the lyrics were requested and each provider tries to load the lyrics.  I still am having a hard time figuring out which provider was actually downloading the lyrics.  I see a lot of [INFO] lines saying a provider tries to download the lyrics, but no line that says the provider actually did download the lyrics.  

I pared down the providers and ran a test on a song by J.J. Cale that I know is an instrumental.  Lyrics were downloaded from somewhere.  I'd like to know where.  Here is the portion of the log.

25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] Lyrics request:  - J.J. Cale - Cloudy Day - Shades - A-Z Lyrics Universe
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [INFO] A-Z Lyrics Universe tries to load the lyrics...
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jjcale/cloudyday.html
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] Lyrics request:  - J.J. Cale - Cloudy Day - Shades - Genius
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [INFO] Genius tries to load the lyrics...
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://genius.com/jj-cale-cloudy-day-lyrics
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] Lyrics request:  - J.J. Cale - Cloudy Day - Shades - LyricWiki Reloaded
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [INFO] LyricWiki Reloaded tries to load the lyrics...
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://lyrics.wikia.com/J.J._Cale:Cloudy_Day
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] Lyrics request:  - J.J. Cale - Cloudy Day - Shades - LyricWiki Gracenote Reloaded
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [INFO] LyricWiki Gracenote Reloaded tries to load the lyrics...
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://lyrics.wikia.com/Gracenote:J.J._Cale:Cloudy_Day
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] Lyrics request:  - J.J. Cale - Cloudy Day - Shades - MetroLyrics
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] Lyrics request:  - J.J. Cale - Cloudy Day - Shades - Musixmatch
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] Lyrics request:  - J.J. Cale - Cloudy Day - Shades - Song Lyrics
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [INFO] MetroLyrics tries to load the lyrics...
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.metrolyrics.com/cloudy-day-lyrics-jjcale.html
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [INFO] Musixmatch tries to load the lyrics...
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/jjcale/cloudy-day
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/jjcale/cloudy-day
25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.musixmat25/07/2019 04:19:09 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.songlyrics.com/jj-cale/cloudy-day-lyrics/
25/07/2019 04:19:10 [INFO] No lyrics found.
25/07/2019 04:19:10 [DEBUG] no lyrics found
25/07/2019 04:19:10 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
25/07/2019 04:19:10 [WARN] The pattern 'lyricbox'>.*?</div>(?<lyrics>.*?)<!-- didn't match!
25/07/2019 04:19:10 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
25/07/2019 04:19:10 [DEBUG] lyrics found

Can you help me understand from the log how I can tell which one is the provider that the lyrics actually came from?  What should I be looking for?

Thanks,
Bill
Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:23:09 AM by BillH

frankz

I'm in an interesting position because I did not write the plugin.  I just maintain it. So the answer to your question is "I don't know."  Looking at your log, I'd guess the requests and "lyrics not found/lyrics found" would go in order, so count the lyrics not found until you get to a lyrics found and then count the requests. But that may vary by the individual sites' response times. Your best bet would be to check each of the generated URLs for lyrics that match what you're seeing.

For lyrics downloaded through one of MB's built in providers, the source will be shown at the top if you right click the lyrics in Now Playing. If that pop-up says MusicBee Plugin, then they were downloaded through the plug-in.

sveakul

BillH:  Try what frankz says above--do your Lyrics downloading through the Now Playing window and look for the grayed-out "Lyrics Source" at the top of the right-click box.  If the lyrics are wrong (almost never happens for me), hit "Search next provider" and see if the right ones come up then.  I've seen it cycle through 4 providers, all with the correct lyrics just some variation in spacing or punctuation.  As he said, the actual source will show if it's from a MB built-in provider.  Be sure of course your music is accurately tagged..

BillH

@frankz

That hint to look in Now Playing is great.  I can now see where the lyrics came from without having to plow through the log.  

In this case the lyrics were coming from chartlyrics.com.  I disabled that provider and redid the search and it was marked as an instrumental according the MusicBee Plugin.  

Now I will be able to tell where any bad lyrics come from and will keep the plugin enabled.

Thanks for all your help.

Bill

BillH

BillH:  Try what frankz says above--do your Lyrics downloading through the Now Playing window and look for the grayed-out "Lyrics Source" at the top of the right-click box.  If the lyrics are wrong (almost never happens for me), hit "Search next provider" and see if the right ones come up then.  I've seen it cycle through 4 providers, all with the correct lyrics just some variation in spacing or punctuation.  As he said, the actual source will show if it's from a MB built-in provider.  Be sure of course your music is accurately tagged..

Thanks for the suggestion.  I don't normally use Now Playing.  Can I download the lyrics for all songs on an album using Now Playing or do I have to do them one track at a time?

Bill

BillH

Another question.  What am I doing wrong? 

Often MusicBee and the plugin cannot find the lyrics for a song despite the fact that when I search using Google search in my browser, the lyrics are found on one of the sites listed in the list of lyrics providers in preferences.

I just tried finding lyrics for the song So Many Times by Manassas.  When I searched for the lyrics inside MusicBee they were not found.  When I searched using Google search outside MusicBee the lyrics were found on Genius.  This is one of the providers listed Preferences > Tags (2) > Auto Tagging > Lyrics.  It is the 5th provider listed.

Thanks,
Bill

frankz

Compare the URL constructed by the plugin in the log to the URL where you found the lyrics and correct whatever tag error is making them different.