Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Updated)  (Read 164062 times)

frankz

I've not experienced that at all.  The combo of sources I'm using here (below) finds the correct lyrics, even for surprisingly offbeat songs, more often than not.

Either way, "Search Next Provider" is a native MB function, not part of the plugin, so you'll probably have better luck posting that aspect of the issue in the "Questions" section.

Here are my providers in order. Like I said, I get the correct lyrics a large majority of the time.

LyricWiki
Genius
chartlyrics.com
MusixMatch
Gracenote
MetroLyrics
LyricWiki Reloaded

waydown

Thanks for your reply Franz.

I understand your point. The idea is that a good way to test the plugin is using the "Search Next Provider" function and if everything was working as intended, one would retrieve lyrics results in the order provided in the plugin setting. Does the ""Search Next Provider"" work for you at all, by the way?
I seem to get the correct lyrics most of the time too, what happens is that when I don't (seemingly by these two sources mentioned) nothing gets automatically fetched by the other sources and nothing happens when I manually "search next provider" either, even when I know lyrics are available in the site.
Also, I've got "Metro Lyrics" as my number one source in the plugin settings but I never seem to get lyrics from that one at all.

frankz

Yes, "Search Next Provider" works for me.  The thing to remember is that "MusicBee Plugin" will appear for all Lyrics Reloaded sources.  MB sees all Lyrics Reloaded as one source. Only native sources will show the individual sources.  "Search Next Provider" does not step through all of the plugin sources.  All the plugin sources are searched in order until lyrics are found. 

You can see all plugin activity under your Windows user folder at AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\mb_LyricsReloaded.log

It takes some experimentation to get the order right so that you get good lyrics most of the time. The results of my experimentation are above.  YMMV.

I just tested MetroLyrics and the URL structure has not changed from what the plugin constructs, so if MetroLyrics isn't returning lyrics it's because Metrolyrics doesn't have any what whatever you're looking for.

All lyrics retrieval, native or plugin, are at the mercy of the sites that provide lyrics, which are generally at the mercy of that site's users who upload the lyrics.  If a source isn't working for your type of music or their library seems thin, move it down or disable it.  LyricWiki and Genius are fantastic IMO.

hiccup

Thanks for maintaining this plugin.
Working very smoothly with great results.

frankz

You are very welcome.  My pleasure.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'll second this with a plus-one. (Does that make my second a third?)

I never thanked you for bringing this plugin back to life. I use it almost daily and at this point couldn't live without it.

THANKS!
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

I'll second this with a plus-one. (Does that make my second a third?)

I never thanked you for bringing this plugin back to life. I use it almost daily and at this point couldn't live without it.

THANKS!
I appreciate the kind words.  I'm glad people are using it and enjoying it.

netuno125

I would also like to thank everyone involved in the project of this plugin as it has been very useful through the years. Unfortunately I have just updated to Music Bee 3.2.6827.32939, and everytime I start it, it sends me this error message and then closes:

'MusicBee v3.2.6827.32939 (Win10.0), 14 set 2018 17:37:

System.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.
   em CubeIsland.LyricsReloaded.LyricsReloaded.shutdown()
   em CubeIsland.LyricsReloaded.LyricsReloaded.Finalize()'

(yes, a part of the error message is in portuguese as it's my system's language, I'll try to translate that part: 'object reference not defined for an object instance')

I removed Lyrics Reloaded from the plugins folder and it started fine, I wonder why it suddenly is a problem.

frankz

I updated to that version of MB and have opened and closed the program with the plugin enabled multiple times now with no troubles.  Were you running the most recent plugin version (1.1.6) from the first post of this thread?

netuno125

Well, I don't quite remember what was the last version I had installed, but I downloaded the latest version from here and it still gets me the same error message.

frankz

Is there any further information from those times in your MusicBee error log (you can access it at <User Account>\AppData\MusicBee\Roaming\ErrorLog.dat since you can't open the program) or in the plugin's log (<User Account>\AppData\MusicBee\Roaming\mb_LyricsReloaded\mb_LyricsReloaded.txt)?

netuno125

Alright, I think I'm dumb. (cue Nirvana)

I went to check the logs you mentioned and halfway in I noticed something off. Apparently, considering I have two different MusicBee folders in different drives (the main program is installed on the main SSD drive, and the library is located in another HDD drive), there are two plugin folders, and one of them (the one in the HDD) already had mb_LyricsReloaded.dll installed. So what I was doing was trying to install the plugin twice by installing it on the SSD folder, that's the reason for the error message.
I wonder why LyricsReloaded didn't show up in the 'Plugins' list before though. I guess this will teach me to look deeper in the problem before asking for help lol. At least someone who reads this won't do the same mistake as I did.

Thanks for the help, frankz.
Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:38:04 AM by netuno125

frankz

xkiter

A thank you for frankz for the outstanding plugin.

To make clear my questions, my main interest is to have synchronized lyrics embedded in the MP3 files.

Two main questions:
1) Do "time synced"/synchronized lyrics take priority over the unsynchronized ones in Internet search?
2) If no synced is found (and unsynced is found and written to file), does the search keeps going each time one plays the file, ie,. until the "synced" field of the file is filled?
3) Is there a way (any "hint" at least) to know if a lyric in a given internet source is synced or not?
4) (suppose is related to the MusicBee and not to the plugin but here it goes) During playback of MP3 file, MusicBee never shows the source and always reports the lyrics is from the file itself. Any way to solve this?
5) The option on playback: "Correct lyrics on Website" seems to allow to upload lyrics amended in the MusicBee screen, but is never active. Any way to fix this?

Thanks for your time looking at this issues and again, cheers for the great work.

frankz

Hi,

Unfortunately, none of these questions have anything to do with the plugin.  The plugin does not search for synchronized lyrics.  As far as I know, there is only one source for synchronized lyrics, which is MiniLyrics, which uses a proprietary system to deliver them.

Everything to do with the display of lyrics, how they're embedded, "Correct lyrics on website," etc. is handed by MB, not the plug in.  The plug in simply adds additional sources to MB's built in sources.