Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Updated)  (Read 164086 times)

Scoobydog

Delete one or the other.  Doesn't matter which, but you only need one. 
Hi frankz,
Sir you are a star. Deleted the one from the Program files and all now works superbly.  Many, many thanks to you.  Appreciate the time and effort you spent on my behalf.

frankz

Ah, thank you, but think nothing of it.  As you become more familiar with MB, just pay it forward on the forum when others have questions you can answer.

supersonic

Just been trying this plugin out and it is amazing for Genius however it seems to be stripping the [Verse 1], [Chorus] ect. that is on many lyrics and leaving a line break in it's place, is it possible to leave the [Verse 1], [Chorus] ect. in the downloaded lyrics?

Many thanks

frankz

Just been trying this plugin out and it is amazing for Genius however it seems to be stripping the [Verse 1], [Chorus] ect. that is on many lyrics and leaving a line break in it's place, is it possible to leave the [Verse 1], [Chorus] ect. in the downloaded lyrics?

Many thanks
Sorry, no.  The plugin specifically strips those out because they're not lyrics.  

You can, of course, create a custom YAML based on the publicly posted code for the plugin and take out the part that does that for your own use.  The OP of this thread gives links to all the details.

The specific line you'll want to take out of the built-in Genius YML to create a custom YML that doesn't strip these is:
- [regex, '\[.{1,75}\]', ""]
Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 03:13:02 PM by frankz

supersonic

Many thanks
Sorry, no.  The plugin specifically strips those out because they're not lyrics.  

You can, of course, create a custom YAML based on the publicly posted code for the plugin and take out the part that does that for your own use.  The OP of this thread gives links to all the details.

The specific line you'll want to take out of the built-in Genius YML to create a custom YML that doesn't strip these is:
- [regex, '\[.{1,75}\]', ""]

Thank you so much  ::)  I've been on RegExr trying to figure what the various expressions mean and then I was trying trial and error deleting some things from the "pattern:" line using a fresh copy of the  mb_LyricsReloaded.dll each time to undo my changes and I don't think I would've ever realised that was the one controlling it.

Quick question, what program should I use to remove the - [regex, '\[.{1,75}\]', ""] line from the .dll? 
I've tried Notepad, Notepad++ and a hex editor HxD 2.0 and every time after it's saved MusicBee deactivates the plugin and gives an error "Unable to initialise the plugin" when I try to re-enable it. (Replacing it with a new clean mb_LyricsReloaded.dll fixes it to try again)

frankz

You don't have to edit or remake the DLL at all.  It's set up to be much easier to customize than that (not my doing, but nice anyway).

First, download the Genius YML file from github.  It's in the "Configs" folder.

Then, I guess, rename it to whatever you want (don't know if this is necessary).

Then open it in any text editor.

Change the name field from "Genius" to something like "Genius (with pointless non-standard section headers)"  ;)  so you'll know it is different when you see it in MB.

Delete that line from above from the "post-filter" section and save the file.

Put the YML file in \%AppData%\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers

Relaunch MB, and you're set.  Deselect the built-in Genius and activate your custom version.
Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 05:01:58 PM by frankz

supersonic

You don't have to edit or remake the DLL at all.  It's set up to be much easier to customize than that (not my doing, but nice anyway).

First, download the Genius YML file from github.  It's in the "Configs" folder.

Then, I guess, rename it to whatever you want (don't know if this is necessary).

Then open it in any text editor.

Change the name field from "Genius" to something like "Genius (with pointless non-standard section headers)"  ;)  so you'll know it is different when you see it in MB.

Delete that line from above from the "post-filter" section and save the file.

Put the YML file in \%AppData%\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers

Relaunch MB, and you're set.  Deselect the built-in Genius and activate your custom version.

You are amazing! I've followed all that and it's working perfectly now, for the record you don't have to rename the YML file, it's working without doing that. Many many thanks for your help you've gone above and beyond!!  ::)

Thalion Korvhas

I am unfamiliar with how to implement these types of plugins into Musicbee. Where do I place this .dll? I do not seem to have a /providers folder in my Musicbee installation to drop it into.

To activate this plugin after I have it in the correct location, will it automatically be used, or do I have to choose additional providers in the Tags (2) area of Musicbee?

frankz

I am unfamiliar with how to implement these types of plugins into Musicbee. Where do I place this .dll? I do not seem to have a /providers folder in my Musicbee installation to drop it into.
The /providers folder is for customized lyrics providers as described above after installation.

The plugin installs like any other plugin.  Download and unzip it, and then in MB go to Edit->Edit Preferences->Plugins->Add Plugin and install and activate it.

To activate this plugin after I have it in the correct location, will it automatically be used, or do I have to choose additional providers in the Tags (2) area of Musicbee?
You activate it on the plugins page and choose the providers in Tags(2).

Thalion Korvhas

The /providers folder is for customized lyrics providers as described above after installation.

The plugin installs like any other plugin.  Download and unzip it, and then in MB go to Edit->Edit Preferences->Plugins->Add Plugin and install and activate it.

You activate it on the plugins page and choose the providers in Tags(2).

That worked, thanks! At last I can add lyrics for many more songs. The default ones were lacking a lot for my personal library.

The only plugins I have tinkered with are adding to the existing ones (visualizer, theater mode) that already had installed functionality. Now I know where to add plugins that add additional functionality.

Wormmy

Could someone possibly make a youtube video detailing the install process with the latest script? That would really help.

ilikecats

After fetching a lot of lyrics, AZlyrics began returning an err_empty_response in the browser. Resetting my IP fixed this, so I guess it was blacklisted for hammering the site too fast. For now I've disabled it as a provider, but perhaps adding a longer/more random delay would help?

diljitdosanjh

Especially thanks for Hindi Lyrics. Love from India.  :)
Keep calm and listen to Punjabi songs while reading the lyrics along with them at lyricsraag.com

Synner

Hello, I'm having a problem with Musixmatch.  It refuses to work for some reason.  Log file:

25/03/2019 02:48:30 [DEBUG] Lyrics request:  - Six Feet Under - Midnight In Hell - Unburied - Musixmatch
25/03/2019 02:48:30 [INFO] Musixmatch tries to load the lyrics...
25/03/2019 02:48:30 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/six-feet-under/midnight-in-hell
25/03/2019 02:48:34 [WARN] The pattern <p class="mxm-lyrics__content ">\s*(?<lyrics>.*?)</span> didn't match!
25/03/2019 02:48:34 [INFO] No lyrics found.
25/03/2019 02:48:34 [DEBUG] no lyrics found

This is just one file for an example but it's not working at all.  The part I don't understand is that if I go to that exact URL there are lyrics available.  Ideas?