Author Topic: How to edit other tags?  (Read 1429 times)

tom

So I figured I'd create a new topic for this so more people can see instead of only the people on the other topic noticing another thing I was wondering. How do I edit the tags which don't appear on the Edit screen? By the way it's crazy the amount of tags there are for MusicBee. I'm digging it. But I was creating a custom tag and named it Season, but apparently someone thought alike me and created the tag already, because it said each tag name must be unique and there is already a tag named Season. But I can't see it in the tag editing window. How do I edit tags like those?
Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:25:56 AM by tom

phred

• Global Moderator
Custom tags are shown in the Tags (2) tab of the Tag Editor.

Unless you're using another user's MB, there is no 'Season' tag. You must've created it yourself. If someone creates a custom tab on their installation, it's not going to show up on yours. That's simply impossible. Unless you imported someone's settings snapshot.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tom

Yeah, I could find the custom tags, but I couldn't rename one of my custom tags to season because another tag already had it. https://imgur.com/a/WUgR770 See

I tried to rename a custom tag to Season, but couldn't because the other tag already had an original name of Season. So I had to name mine Seasons for the time being.

Either way the original real Season tag isn't showing up in the tag editor and I was wondering how I could change it or find it.

And I got MB from this website and I'm the only one who uses this laptop so no one else could've created a tag themselves. And I've only used MB for a few days so I wouldn't know how to create a custom tag not using the Custom fields either.

phred

• Global Moderator
Oops ... you're correct. I forgot to look deeper on the Tags (2) tab. There is indeed a season tag.

Right-click on the column header in the main panel (Tracks View) and click on 'set displayed fields' and then select 'season.' That will make it appear.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here