Author Topic: Deeper Right-click->Search->Find Artist...  (Read 1722 times)

frankz

In certain situations, Right-click->Search->Find Artist... feels very limited, and I would like to request that it go deeper in the artist list beyond just "Display Artist." (or however it works now - limited to 1 choice)

For example, when I'm listening to a song that's Title (feat. Guest artist), the Display Artist is the main artist, but it would be useful to have the Guest Artist also be available for search via that menu, assuming I'd tagged them appropriately as "Artist" or "Guest Artist", if I'd like to see what else I have by him/her in my library.

Another would be things like Bob Seger / Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band / Bob Seger and the Last Heard or Elvis Costello / Elvis Costello and the Attractions / Elvis Costello and the Impostors type situations, where I have the proper band name listed as "Display Artist." What I really want to see when I go to that shortcut is everything by Bob Seger or Elvis Costello, who I have tagged in there as "Artist."

Just to be clear, I'm not asking for every performer under "Artists" to show up there.  It would be pretty counter-productive to show every dulcimer or tambourine player in that shortcut  :) . But two or three deep, or limited to "Artists" and "Guest Artists" would be a very functional and productive improvement.

Thanks.

Tybot

+1

I also wouldn't mind if "Title" is incorporated into the right-click as a fast way to find duplicates and/or cover versions.

Steven

• Administrator
i have added a "find more artists" menu item that enables selection of other associated artists

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

Steven

• Administrator
redownload it as it was causing an issue in the album covers view