Author Topic: Copying files on playlist to device(i.e. player)  (Read 1218 times)

spaceBAR

What order does MusicBee copy files on a playlist to a device(i.e. player)?

Does it copy them in the order they are placed on the playlist?

Does it copy them in the order you have the playlist sorted?

Or some other order.....

TIA

spaceBAR

Ok, After a few tests, I've determined that MBee copies files on a playlist to device in the order files were placed on the playlist.

Let's say you have a playlist with 120 songs/945MB, Is there a way to physically randomly reorder the songs already on a playlist?

TIA

DrTeeth

Hiya,

Another noob here. I came along here today as I am not having much luck in changing the order of my playlist.

The files were copied en-mass meaning that they were not added in any order as that requires non-simultaneous adding of files.

I have three columns in my playlist, title, filename and time. The playing order was according to the filename. I sorted the list according to the title. MusicBee (MB) still played the list in filename order. Then, I must have done something as the playing order is according to the title sort. I don't know how I did it and have been trying to revert the playing order so I could find the method for doing it on command.

I expected the order to follow that of the sorted column. Not only that, but when I click on the title column, a couple of songs with the same title swap positons in the filename column. The tags seem okay.

It is a brilliant program and I am enjoying it more and more each day.

Cheers

DrTeeth

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is this a static or auto playlist? That will determine what you have to do to change the play order.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DrTeeth

Hi psychoadept,

Thanks for coming to my rescue again.

I do not know the differences between the playlists that you mentioned. All I did to make the playlist (I did not save anything yet), was to double-click on the first item in the tracks display. That transferred all the items to the playing tracks pane.

Cheers

DrTeeth

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Was this solved by the answer in the other thread?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

DrTeeth

Hi psychoadept,

I was busy this afternoon making a suction device for helping me solder SMDs.

The section on playlist order does not relate to the current version.  Use the List Menu command "Restore Natural Order"
In the Sort By... menu, choose "Playlist Order". There is no "Restore Natural Order" in the list menu (I got there by right-clicking in the playing tracks pane. Similarly, there is no "Playlist Order" in the Sort By...menu (right-clicking the column headers got me there).

It looks like you are on the right track. I'll create a # column in the interim.

Cheers

DrTeeth

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The # column and the playlist order only really apply to static playlists. You can display # for auto-playlists, but however you sort it will be the order it plays in. There's also a "manual order" settings but I can't tell that it does anything helpful. Maybe even buggy?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)