Author Topic: Excluded folders ignored by manual library scan  (Read 1211 times)

Timo

A couple of days ago I was happy to see the 'exclude folders' option in the preferences (under Library > Monitored folders). However, as I scan my filesystem manually when I add files to my music folders, I tend to hit Insert every once in a while. The dialog that appears allows you to specify the folders, just like in the preferences, but it does not allow you to exclude folders this time.

This leads to a cat and mouse problem in which the manual update adds files (that I do not want to appear in my library) and MusicBee itself keeps asking to remove when I restart the application.

I would suggest to either include an 'exclude folders' option in this dialog, or have it recognize the options specified in the preferences.

P.S. I was not quite sure where to post this, since it balances on the line of feature request and bug. However, since it produces negative side-effects I reckoned it is more a bug than a feature.

redwing

The two settings are unrelated. Why not just unselect folders you don't want to get scanned for "Scan folders for new files" command?
Also you don't have to run the command manually if you make MB continuously monitor those folders.

Timo

The two settings are unrelated. Why not just unselect folders you don't want to get scanned for "Scan folders for new files" command?
Also you don't have to run the command manually if you make MB continuously monitor those folders.
Suppose the scenario in which you have tracks in folder A, B, C and D, like so:

Folder A
> Folder B
> Folder C

I do want to scan for tracks in folder A and B, but in folder C I have other tracks that I do not want in my library. I am perfectly able to ignore these using the "excluded folders" option.

However, using the manual scan option I am able to scan folder B, but not folder A. This is impossible because folder A is automatically deselected when I deselect folder C.

I am aware of the ability to automatically check for new tracks, but I prefer to do it manually.