Author Topic: 'Honeycomb' Skin  (Read 40743 times)

Blinghound

I know this may sound like a stupid question.. did you try restarting MB? Do normal .xml skins show up? (try copying and renaming any .xml skin and see if it appears in the skin menu)

ma_t14

I know this may sound like a stupid question.. did you try restarting MB?

Yes

Do normal .xml skins show up? (try copying and renaming any .xml skin and see if it appears in the skin menu)

They show up fine, even after renaming

Do your skins work for you? I assume Yes considering the fact you are trying to help me  :P

Blinghound

ah ha, If you right click on the skin file in windows explorer, properties, then click unblock, does it work for you then?

ma_t14

ah ha, If you right click on the skin file in windows explorer, properties, then click unblock, does it work for you then?

Using Windows xp in explorer there's no such option. If I understand right then that's not the problem, Unlocker shows "no locking handle found"

Blinghound

hmm, this is a strange one. The skins show up and work fine for me, even when I redownload them from the same location. Can you confirm the extension is .xmlc?

ma_t14

hmm, this is a strange one. The skins show up and work fine for me, even when I redownload them from the same location. Can you confirm the extension is .xmlc?

Yes

Blinghound

I just tried it on a different PC (completely new install of MB) and it also works with the downloaded skins. I'm sorry I couldn't get it working for you, but I've let Steven know, so it shouldn't be too long ;)

Steven

• Administrator
very strange this! i've made a change so could you try this version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nikt1s17l5al9gl

ma_t14

VX

Thanks, Blinghound. Works for me too with MB version 1.3.4222 linked above.

I prefer the lighter variant. Great work  8)

Steven

• Administrator
i also prefer the lighter one and really like the way you have done the play buttons on the left side. I do think though that the right side has a little too much space (I guess you are making it equal to the left side so the info panel is exactly centered?) and perhaps the right side buttons could be wider (and maybe the very left player button). Also on the right side are the images inside the buttons centered vertically? - they looked off slightly up.

ma_t14

cooljazz

I really like the "open" effect of the dark version achieved by omitting the box around the timeline. It gives the skin a really modern look. Nice Colors, Nice Job!!! Long lives the MusicBee!!!
Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:32:54 AM by cooljazz

beeing good

This is great, thanks for releasing it. Personally I'm not too keen on the increase in size of the bottom bar so I will probably carry on using the original or Dark but thanks again anyway.