Author Topic: interface design / skins ?  (Read 6452 times)

kapblat

any plans ?
(especially regarding button positions, sizes, forms)

Steven

• Administrator
yes the skinning functionality at the moment is basic and i do plan to enhance it, but i want to focus on the core functionality first. I'm thinking probably towards the end of the year.
I know you have mentioned you wanted the button positions changed in the past, so if the most important thing for you is just repositioning buttons i could probably do something sooner for that aspect of skinning.
Is it posible for you to mock up an image of what you have in mind? That would be helpful for me to get an idea of what i can do quicker

kapblat

i try to think as little as possible  ;D - the issue i was having when i first started using MB was understanding how the different play panels and buttons related spatially to the playlist on the right, and that other play button on the main library... i must say i had to pay attention in the beginning

i was thinking about moving the play/stop/fwd/vol stuff from bottom to above the "now playing" on right
because thats what those buttons affect...

but i see that you are left with that display which shows the current playing song ... so i dont know if that would go well like a big thing up on top as in the following
crude mockup

theres cd artwork on the left there :P
but it might be missing a play/stop button in that area up top too...
the vol i feel should be up top, big, because it affects everything...

maybe change the colors of the now playing column and the big box at top too...

Steven

• Administrator
i can see your point and infact in the very early days i used to have the previous/play/stop/next buttons in the
now playing panel (in addition to the main player panel).
How about a variation on what you are suggesting, where the volume is also located in the now playing panel (taking the entire width of the now playing panel). The current playing track panel would widen to cover most of the width of the screen to fill the gap left from the relocated buttons, but with the minimise to mini player button remaining where it is now. Artwork would still be displayed as now
This would be configured as a preference for where the player control buttons can be located in the main player panel (default) or alternatively in the Now Playing panel

kapblat

movable / resizeable interface ?
with a "lock" option
when "unlock" - user can move/resize panels around,
also have the buttons on panels
and can be thus put anywhere
dont know how that complicates code  ;D