Author Topic: random track order, dont start with 1st on playlist  (Read 6408 times)

kapblat

i open music library then choose the play button which sends all them to now playing playlist
the play order i have as random
but when i click to play it starts from the first track on the list
so you can imagine i've been hearing the start of that song a couple hundred times now :)

Steven

• Administrator
i just tried this with some variations:
1 - if nothing is selected and i click the Play command button (in the bottom menu bar), the first track played is random
2 - if i do have a track selected, it will the selected track first and then random
3 - if i right click a track, and select Play Now it will the selected track first and then random
4 - if i right click a playlist and select Play Now, it always plays the first track and then random
5 - if i click the play button in the player control panel, it plays the song in the panel first and then random

There are also settings that affect the random behavour eg. shuffle higher rated tracks first, same/different artist bias. If same/different artist is selected, it will use the artist in player control panel for the seed artist so that will also affect which track you hear first.

For 4 I will amend. For 2,3, i am not sure that should be changed - i could imagine someone wanting to select a specific song to hear first. And 5, i think is the correct behaviour - just click the next track button instead and it will start at a random track.

Which one of these were you using?
Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:54:16 PM by Steven

kapblat

my shuffle is on random, no artist
i'm starting MB, click on music library
click on play (one next to delete, on bottom of library view)
all tracks are queued in now playing, same order as library view.

if nothing is selected it starts with the first track at top as viewed in the library view, next is random.
if track is selected, it only queues the selected in now playing list, and plays.
Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:31:12 AM by kapblat

Steven

• Administrator
ok, i get the same behavour if i change the Now Playing preference to 'clear the now playing list and play the selected track'. I will also amend it for that setting

Steven

• Administrator
i've include this change in the same update for fixing the ability to specific a new podcast location
http://www.mediafire.com/?myonymqrxdm