Author Topic: Duplicate entire Music Library to transfer to DAP...  (Read 1443 times)

HAL Lives

Hi All

I recently bought a Sony NW-A45 DAP which, unfortunately, does NOT work with the Replaygain tags in my FLAC files... Sony's own "normalizer" setting is pretty worthless.

When transferring the music/playlists to the Sony, checking the "Level Volume" box just writes the tags on the fly, it doesn't permanently alter the volume.

After trying a few other options I've decided the best thing to do is duplicate my entire library and permanently change the volume of the tracks to the Replaygain values, an option I think MB allows.

Does anyone know how to make an exact duplicate of my library; albums, tracks, playlists, metadata, layout etc? I really don't want to have to rebuild it from scratch.

Thanks!
Paul
Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:28:45 PM by HAL Lives

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I think it only levels the volume when re-encoding. Otherwise, you'd need to make a copy of your library by copying files to another location and permanently alter that library's volume.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6