Author Topic: Formatting Tags corrupted across entire music library...  (Read 984 times)

HAL Lives

Hello All

The Formatting Tags have become corrupted across my entire music library, but it's not consistent, as you can see from the two Mike Oldfield albums below.

And even where I have an album with just a single band name, such as "Air" below, because of the extra spaces that have appeared in the text fields, the Tag is still corrupted.

Needless to say, every album was manually tagged as it was entered, and was 100% correct. I discovered this when I was backing up my FLAC files and my backup software told me it was backing up the entire collection, instead of just the two new albums I had added.

Does anyone know what has happened here?

Thanks
Paul

Steven

• Administrator
I cant say i have ever heard anyone reporting this issue before and there is no reason i can think of that would cause extra spaces to be inserted for flac files (mp3 i might find more plausible as it does have Unicode and ascii encoding formats).
Were all the affected files edited using musicbee? I am not sure if WMP can now edit flac files but just the act of opening a single file in WMP can cause it to go and auto-update files. Perhaps there are other applications you use that can update files eg. mini-lyrics can do so

HAL Lives

Hi Steve

I only use MusicBee to edit my files... the only thing I've done differently recently is to do with transferring my music and playlists to a Sony NW-AR45 DAP.

I couldn't get the MB Playlists to work on my Walkman and eventually installed Sony's Music Center software, which worked, but meant I had to duplicate everything, which sux!

I then went back to MB and finally figured out what I had been doing wrong, erased everything off the Sony and transferred my Playlists and music from MB.

It was after this that I discovered the corrupted Format Tags... could the Sony software have somehow messed with MB?!

Thanks
Paul