Author Topic: Artist picture  (Read 1706 times)

corion

hi everybody,
first of all, I'm french, so sorry for my bad english ....
I've got a little question about the artists pictures :
I have two artists : The Ex, and The Exploited, and for each one, a picture in Artist Pictures directory ;
when The Ex is played, both of the pictures are displayed (one after the other, of course) ;
but The Ex are not The Exploited !!
I understand that is because the names of the bands begin by "The Ex", but how can I separate them ?

then, I would like to  understand the general way it works :
- when no picture is saved, MusicBee searches on the web to find some ;
- when MB finds one picture with the exact name of the artist, it displays it first, and then searches on the web ;
- when MB finds several pictures with the name beginning by the name of the artist, it displays them, but doesn't search on the web ;
is it correct ?

and at last, is there a way to display only the pictures of the year or decade of the record ?
it's a little bit weird to display a 70's picture of Bowie, when you're listen to a 2000's record of him, no ??
Am I the only one to be embarassed with that ?

thanks a lot for your answers and comments, and God bless you if you make it in french ...

redwing

Now Playing node> Artist Picture view> Customize Panel> retrieve web picture setting is the one you can control with whether it only shows local pictures or not.

corion

thanks for your answer ;
I already known this option, and it doesn't resolve my issue :
how avoid the problem of displaying "the exploited"'s picture when "the ex" is played, with pictures saved on my computer ?

and somebody for the others items ?

redwing

how avoid the problem of displaying "the exploited"'s picture when "the ex" is played, with pictures saved on my computer ?

I am aware of the issue and already made a suggestion but it's not addressed yet: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22363.0

corion

Hi, Redwing,
it seems to be the same issue than mine,
I hope somebody will soon find an answer ...

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a small tweak to the next v3.2 update so that for artist picture filenames that start with the search artist name, if any letters are detected in the filename after the search artist name then that file is no longer considered a match ie. it has to be an exact match or be followed by separators and digits

redwing

i have made a small tweak to the next v3.2 update so that for artist picture filenames that start with the search artist name, if any letters are detected in the filename after the search artist name then that file is no longer considered a match ie. it has to be an exact match or be followed by separators and digits

It's fixed for artists but not for albums that was reported here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22363.0

corion

thank you very much, Steven, it's all right now  ...
you were reactive !

I take this opportunity to tell you MusicBee is for me the best ever music player !!
thanks a lot !

and while I'm here, just a very little suggestion :
it could be useful have the possibility to display the Artists Pictures's folder, from the contextual menu, for instance.

thanks a lot again !

Steven

• Administrator
Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:18:46 PM by Steven

redwing

It's now fixed for albums too. Thanks!