Author Topic: Bring back fast & easy way to switch library?  (Read 4824 times)

tadatin

Steven, thousand thanks for the best player in the world.

My two cents to the development:

Earlier (at least in version 1.2.3705) in the Navigator Panel in the right corner from "Library" was a drop-down button for choosing library. It was perfect feature if you need fast switch between libraries. In the latest version this drop-down button disappeared with no visible (to me) reasons.

Could you please, bring this button back? It was quickest way to switch between libraries and really very useful, at last to me.

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
you can right click/choose a library
or i can create a command for this, from which you can assign a hotkey or a custom command button

the change (along with the other GUI changes) was made to "un-busy" the screen as much possible

tadatin

Yes, i know about right click, now i use it but in the old way it was a lot easier and faster.

I am ready to try a hotkey. But maybe a better solution is in preferences/library or preferences/layout to create a checkbox to show/hide this drop-down button?

tadatin

Or, maybe, it is possible to have optional library list in tab, like "web", "playlists", "computer" in left navigation panel? It would be even more convenient. Because all those tabs are optional, it will not add clutter for those who don't need it. For those who need, it will be only one click for changing library.

Reason for few libraries is for having different libraries for classic and contemporary music, two temporary libraries for music organizing purposes, one library locally in computer for music located in the laptop.

Steven

• Administrator
i have created a hotkey: View Show Library Selector
as with other hotkeys you can also assign the command to a custom button in the hotkey preferences screen

its in the next update

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, I think the UI has changed such that there's not really a "library selector" anymore. You can use the menu at the top of the left navigator to switch libraries.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)