Author Topic: MusicBee not seeing my Galaxy S7  (Read 2561 times)

phoenix1971

I've been using MusicBee for a few weeks and i have a couple of questions i'd love answering ,cheers in advance

1. When i sync my music and playlists to my Galaxy S7 where should the playlists be stored,as i'm using VLC and doesn't see the playlists ,

2 'm not able to get the MusicBee to recognize my phone,so i have to keep taking out the SD Card every time i want to sync,Any ideas why and is there a workaround.

3 I had been using Itunes for quite a while ,i want to import any new tunes into the library ,Can MusicBee sort and arrange the albums like Itunes does,or is it just copy into music folder and re-scan.

Thanks again in Advance
Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:38:29 PM by phoenix1971

HAL Lives

Hi Phoenix, when you go to Edit\Preferences\Devices, have you checked the "detect MTP devices" box?

As far as I know this is required when you're transferring music and playlists to a phone, as opposed to a DAP.

Good luck!
Paul

phoenix1971

yes ,i've done that,just getting confused now lol

HAL Lives

Sorry, I don't use my phone to listen to my music so I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.  :(

If you can edit the title of your post to reference your phone, "MusicBee not seeing my Galaxy S7," hopefully you'll get a response from other S7 users.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I sync to an SD card on an S7 without any problems. Be sure the phone is unlocked when you plug it in, and try restarting MusicBee for good measure.  Once MusicBee has seen it while it's unlocked, they should continue to communicate as long as you don't unplug it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SandaruLJ

3 I had been using Itunes for quite a while ,i want to import any new tunes into the library ,Can MusicBee sort and arrange the albums like Itunes does,or is it just copy into music folder and re-scan.

Yes, MusicBee can sort and arrange the albums very neatly. First you'll have to set preferences for auto organize option, and then MB will handle the files according to the tags. It's set and forget!