Author Topic: tranfering playlists to sony walkman  (Read 18604 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sm-viper

Hello all! 

I have a Sony Walkman NW-A45 Series.  I could transfer music to it just fine, but It took me a while to learn how to properly transfer my playlists to it.  I have recently been reading through this thread and discovered that there seems to be a lot of issues with this.  I have figured out how to make it work for me and maybe this will help others so here ya go:

The problem I see, is that, when a playlist is created on the Walkman, it points to music from the perspective of the COMPUTER DRIVE and not the Walkman itself.  I'm sure this is not very clear, so I will describe it here:

My Walkman is "seen" by my PC as drive W:, so all songs in the playlists that I transfer "point" to drive W: on the Walkman.  Obviously, the Walkman has no knowledge of W:.  My Music on the Walkman is stored in the MUSIC/Artist folder.  I also told MusicBee to put my playlist in the MUSIC folder.  After transferring the music and playlists to the Walkman, I opened each playlist in Notepad++ and removed the W:\MUSIC from the path of each song in each playlist.  What a pain! however, after doing so, the playlists "knew" exactly where to look to find the music on my Walkman.  After doing this, everything worked perfectly.

However, I have to do this EVERY TIME I Sync my playlist.  I hope this helps someone!

Good Luck