Author Topic: anyone else getting crashes when using WASAPI as the sound output?  (Read 2059 times)

irockdude554

lately whenever i use WASAPI as my sound output it works for a bit but then starts to cause promblems on my pc,ex:firefox tabs and chrome tabs closing and for some reason my display driver crashing causing me to restart my pc so i just decided to go back to directsound but WASAPI makes my audio so much better

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you searched the forum? Lots of threads dealing with WASAPI issues. Maybe your issue has already been discussed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

irockdude554

Have you searched the forum? Lots of threads dealing with WASAPI issues. Maybe your issue has already been discussed.

i havent yet i just thought i'd ask first to see if it was only me

sveakul

It sounds like the problem lies beyond MusicBee, but the first thing to to do is update to the latest version of 3.1/3.2 with phred's signature links.  Absolutely stable WASAPI here with version 3.2.6674, Windows 7 SP1, whitelisted in any manifestation on antivirus.

irockdude554

It sounds like the problem lies beyond MusicBee, but the first thing to to do is update to the latest version of 3.1/3.2 with phred's signature links.  Absolutely stable WASAPI here with version 3.2.6674, Windows 7 SP1, whitelisted in any manifestation on antivirus.

i already did that and i still get issues, im starting to think it is musicbee because when i use winamp with wasapi plugin or even foobar2k they play fine and never crash my system

frankz

I can also verify that I'm exclusively (no pun intended) using WASAPI and have no crashes.

Try disabling visualizations like the VU Meter etc.  Some of us were having frequent lock-ups a while back, but that seems to have solved it for me.

I think Steven had us try a different version of bassmix.dll to get around that issue.  Maybe you can find the thread discussing it and download that to see if it helps, too.

irockdude554

still happening,whenever i enable wasapi it works fine for about 10mins then causes my display drivers to crash which in turns leads me to restarting my pc and no its not corrupted driivers or a dying gpu because when this issue first started happening to me i uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled them and the reason its not a dying gpu is because i use it often for playing games,in fact i was playing ghost recon wildlands last night for about 4-5 hours straight with no issuess pertaining to the gpu, i've even played final fantasy 15 for more than 6 hours straight with no issues and thats a very demanding game so if my gpu were dying issues would likely show up in a game like that

irockdude554

I can also verify that I'm exclusively (no pun intended) using WASAPI and have no crashes.

Try disabling visualizations like the VU Meter etc.  Some of us were having frequent lock-ups a while back, but that seems to have solved it for me.

I think Steven had us try a different version of bassmix.dll to get around that issue.  Maybe you can find the thread discussing it and download that to see if it helps, too.

this is what happens to me and then my gpu drivers crash and then the basic ms driver kicks in but its just a black screen so i have to hit the hard reset button on my pc case
Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:51:35 AM by irockdude554

irockdude554

it looks like it might be related to firefox or just a heavy gpu load? because when i just clicked on my minimzed firefox window my pc kinda of frooze for a second so just to put that to the test i turned off wallpaper engine and rainmeter

Edit: it could be a driver bug because the display issues only happen with musicbee opened and when its set to use wasapi as the sound because if i try to use firefox or chrome the tabs just crash and then the browser just closes itself then my screen starts to flicker

Edit2:just used the asi4all driver just to see if it would caause any issues and the samething happened so im gonna end up reinstalling windows
Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:42:48 AM by irockdude554

irockdude554

i think its just musicbee because using im wasapi in winamp and foobar2k and i havent experienced any crashes at all which is a bummer because i like musicbee's gui and i also like the fact that you can browse soundcloud within it

irockdude554

fixed it, I just updated the dlls for bass mix and basswasapi and bassflac and now it seems to be working fine without any issues. it happened again but now its fixed permanently, all I did was reinstall windows because my windows install was already getting messed up
Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 02:54:44 PM by irockdude554