Author Topic: MB duplicates MP3s adding them to the Inbox with _1.mp3 at the end of the file  (Read 5537 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I will create a debug version. You are saying that when auto-organise is enabled and a new file is detected that an unrelated file is duplicated from the library into the inbox, with the same path except _1 appended to the file name, and the original file still remains in the library with no change to the filename?

jaume

Here are the steps:

1. Auto-organise enabled
2. File is added to a monitored folder and it is detected.
3. File is added to the Inbox and appears as two lines. One with its regular path where the file is located and the other one with _1 at the end.
4. Only one file is located in the folder.
5. When I send the file to the library, it comes back to the inbox with the same behaviour of displaying two lines.

Steven

• Administrator
can you use this version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tup9htdbb09tte2/MusicBeeDebugMonitors.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee.exe

when the issue happens, let me know the filename and send me a link to a zip of the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

jaume

Thanks Steven.

I followed the steps and the issue is still happening.

Here are two examples of the file names:

01-Jeff Buckley-Mojo Pin_1 and 01-Jeff Buckley-Mojo Pin

02-Jeff Buckley-Eternal Life_1 and 02-Jeff Buckley-Eternal Life

Here is a link to the zip.

Also, note that I now get an error when I click on the Organisation button on the auto-sweep section of the settings:

MusicBee v3.2.6685.20172 (Win10.0), 22 Apr 2018 19:46:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zYik3wkPKN3qmxcFFtXsVzqUMGepU1ssENA==.#=zbeiBT64=(List`1 #=zIgebPN4=, Boolean #=zW04lr2rWxZtW)
   at #=zVayTggDZCIgUK_LzX5RokApYYLpjY37sZQ==.#=zbeiBT64=(List`1 #=zIgebPN4=, Boolean #=zW04lr2rWxZtW)
   at #=zytornnKyodYMG6FAOTzQeVI51xAd.#=zJVsY58eguCM2shDwujPAXTY=(List`1 #=zIgebPN4=, #=z9nRJHJPdggCRTpTQjbqepqrUniPkpO8sWA== #=zT9nSR0$I9PkqD7XAyO7hOCI=, Boolean #=z6ns_LA$Bi7ilv09jgw==)
   at #=zytornnKyodYMG6FAOTzQeVI51xAd.#=zedEGwtlEoSDkqMTR5TiUujxb9Oyc(Object #=zyrNMTb8=, EventArgs #=zsdGG_44=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at #=z4GfAll6PLXnHJ5Vge$fyVjQ=.OnClick(EventArgs #=zsdGG_44=)
   at #=z4GfAll6PLXnHJ5Vge$fyVjQ=.#=z59Xxa26juHjz(Object #=zyrNMTb8=, EventArgs #=zsdGG_44=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
The auto-sweep dialog error is fixed for the next update and thanks for reporting that.

As to the original reported issue, it seems the process of moving a file with diacritic marks in the text is changing the actual unicode value of the character eg. the "ö" in "Jörg" still looks the same ("Jörg") but the actual uncode value for "ö" is being changed so MB no longer has the exact filename even though it still visually looks correct.
I assume thats somehow related to you using a mac.
I will try and figure out if there is something that can be done that doesnt harm the performance. Try restricting the monitored folder to just J:\Music\New Music as that might solve the issue although its possible MB wont be able to find the file if you play it from the Inbox.
If that doesnt work you should turn off auto-organise/ sweep and the current issue is causing an endless loop of re-processing the same file
Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:27:23 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
would you mind sending me a link to a zip of: Kompakt Total 9\1-07-Jörg Burger-Modernism Begins At Home.mp3
so i can have a closer look at the tag values ?

jaume

I have restricted the monitored folder to J:/Music/New. However, when I do a re-scan of J:/Music, the files are sent back to the Inbox with the _1 suffix.

I then removed the auto-sweep and the same issue occurs.

I will send you a zip with the file and another example.

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks for sending the files. Its as I thought, their must be some translation of diacritic characters done at the operating system level leading to the actual filename being different to the filename MB had requested and hence MB caching a different filename value. That causes issues when MB needs to compare the filename to see if it already exists.
Windows doesnt have this issue and doesnt perform any translation on the diacritic characters. So I am afraid i will need to leave this unsolved for you as any changes i did make would negatively affect windows users and maintaining separate Mac and windows variations is not feasible for me to support.
Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 07:00:26 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
what i can do is add a setting (in the config file only) that instructs MB to re-query the filename after a move operation.
It would slow down file move operations and i cant say with certainty it would work but i think its worth a try

jaume

Would this appear as a setting option in the software? Happy to try it out and report back.

Steven

• Administrator
try this version - its hard-coded for now and also note it would only work for new files and not files already in your library with the issue. If it works i will add a configuration option that you would need to set.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ryixgds99s75bjd/MusicBee.zip

jaume

I am going to run a couple of tests and report back. So far it seems okay. I will find some of the files that I removed previously due to the issue and then report back.

jaume

I am using auto-organise only (no auto-sweep) and monitoring only J:/Music/New Music and the issue is not happening with the new version you posted.

Do I need to make any changes to know whether it is working?

Steven

• Administrator
if http://www.mediafire.com/file/ryixgds99s75bjd/MusicBee.zip is not working then i wont be able to help further.
If you are using any other link then that is premature. Also note again the comment i said about the change only applying to new files