Author Topic: MB duplicates MP3s adding them to the Inbox with _1.mp3 at the end of the file  (Read 5442 times)

jaume

I am having this issue where MB 3.2.6651 duplicates MP3s adding them to the Inbox with _1.mp3 at the end of the file.

I was looking into a solution and could not find one. I am using Windows 10 with Parallels on macOS High Sierra.

The files play well in iTunes.

Steven

• Administrator
a good starting point would be to describe how the files are being added and if its via being added to a monitored folder, whether you have any auto-sweep or auto-organise rules in place, and what the rules are

jaume

The files are added to a continuously monitored folder. I have both auto-organise and sweep turned on with the same organisation settings:

Move to a folder J:/Music using the template <Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#>-<Artist>-<Title>

Note that only a few random files are affected by this.

jaume

If I stop the auto-sweep option then the issue stops.

Is there any way to have the functionality on without this issue occurring?

jaume

Any idea on how to solve this issue? I would like to be able to use auto-weep.

phred

• Global Moderator
Typically MB puts '_1' after a filename when there is already a file in the same directory with the same name. If it didn't add the '_1' the existing file would be overwritten by the new file. If MB is doing this when adding files to the Inbox, I can only assume that files with the same filename already exist.

As far as I know, there is no other way or reason that MB would add that to a filename.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

jaume

I have both auto-organise and sweep turned on with the same organisation settings

Why are you doing that?

I want MB to auto-organise library's existing files as well as auto-sweep newly added ones. Am I using it incorrectly?

jaume

Typically MB puts '_1' after a filename when there is already a file in the same directory with the same name. If it didn't add the '_1' the existing file would be overwritten by the new file. If MB is doing this when adding files to the Inbox, I can only assume that files with the same filename already exist.

As far as I know, there is no other way or reason that MB would add that to a filename.

The files are not duplicated. MB seems to see two files where there is only one. If I send the files from the inbox to the library, they keep coming back to the inbox. In an album, this happens only to one or two files, the rest are tagged and sent to the library with no issues.

redwing

If the both settings use the same template, they may conflict in some cases.
What if you're not using auto-sweep?
The only difference would be new files will then stay in their initial location until you send them to the library.
If you want them to gather in one place before moving to the library, then you could use another folder for the auto-sweep template.
Or you could add new files directly to the library without using auto-sweep if inbox isn't really needed.

jaume

Right, so I tried to use only auto-organise only or auto-sweep only. In both cases, the issue persists and MB seems to think that for some random files, there are two files in stead on one. Here are the steps:

1. I add tracks to a monitored folder called 'J:/New Music'
2. The tracks are added to the Inbox
3. I send the tracks to the library with auto-organisation on
4. The tracks are renamed and sent to the 'J:/Music' folder and renamed following the <Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#>-<Artist>-<Title> template
5. Some random tracks are then sent back to the Inbox as if there were two tracks for each one of them, one named track and the other track_1

If I stop monitoring the J:/Music' folder the tracks are not added back to the inbox.

However, I would like to get to the bottom of why some tracks are affected by this whilst the majority are not.

Any ideas?

redwing

jaume

No, there are no duplicate files and the songs are brand new into the library. MB thinks that there are two files for some reason. If I use 'Locate in Windows Explorer' I can only see 1 file for each of the ones that MB 'duplicates' in the inbox.

It is really strange...

jaume

It does look like similar behaviour.

The main difference with the one that is occurring to me is that there is no capitalisation pattern and the files seem to be duplicated in the inbox. If I remove auto-organise and auto-sweep the files appear as only individual ones in the library.