Author Topic: Custom downloaded artist pictures in the now playing section.  (Read 4507 times)

aadil

First of all, I'm new to this forum. I've been using musicbee for a while now and hands down it's the best audio player out there. That being said, naturally, I want more out of this.
I recently downloaded a lot of high-res artist pictures thinking that they'd appear in my now playing panel. However the player seems to just download crappy ones off of the internet. I tried unticking the websites from where it downloads the artist pictures but no use.
Do I need to wait for an add-on to come out or can I somehow achieve this?

Just to clarify. These are the custom artist pictures I downloaded to the musicdir MusicBee\Artist Pictures\Thumb

When I try to view artists in the now playing mode, it gives me weird blurred images

" [/img]

redwing

When I try to view artists in the now playing mode, it gives me weird blurred images

If you want to see local images instead, save custom images for artists in the parent folder of the thumb folder.
The (square) images in the thumb folder are used for thumbnail browser and artist view, and artist slide show uses its parent folder.
And open customize panel dialog for the artist picture view in now playing node> Untick retrieve web pictures option.
That setting also applies to theater mode and artist picture panel.

aadil

Thank you so much man. It looks much better now.
Just another quick question. Can I like make my own slideshow of artist pictures somehow?
Again, thanks, man

redwing

Can I like make my own slideshow of artist pictures somehow?

I'm not sure what you mean, but probably it will pick up the artist pictures randomly from the folder.
Beyond that will belong to a wishlist item.