Author Topic: Import the Foobar %ADDED% TAG to MusicBEE?  (Read 1838 times)

vorward

I was able to import the Playcount from Foobar to Musicbee.

But I couldn't find a solution to import the Added-Date to Musicbee.

In every MP3-File I have store the %added% tag.

Can anybody help me?

vorward

I actually imported it as a custom tag.

But I can't change the entry in the MusicBee Database, because it's not a tag.

redwing

If you use latest version of v3.2, you can bulk copy the tag's values to date added field in the database using Additional Tagging Tools plugin's "copy tag" command. You will also need latest version of the plugin from its own thread.

vorward

Thanks! Now it's possible.  :)

The only problem is, that Foobar has another format for saving the timestamp.

So in Foobar "131109829400989700"means "2016-06-21 13:42:20"

What is this for an ascii time? How can I get from this number to the date?

redwing

It looks like UNIX timestamp. Why don't you ask the foobar forum about it? There must be a way to export the value as the standard date format.

frankz

Doesn't look like a UNIX timestamp.  They're much shorter.  In milliseconds even, 1522675379000 is right now.

This site indicates it's a "FILETIME" (100-nanoseconds since Jan 1 1601) code. Converting yours from FILETIME to Date Time turns up Tuesday, June 21, 2016 11:42:20am exactly.

If you have Excel (or another spreadsheet solution I'm assuming) you could convert this yourself apparently.  Here's the formula a quick Google search turned up.

redwing

Looks like some member already figured it out. See: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15640.0

With Additional Tagging Tools plugin's recently added functions, it might be possible to compute the value using virtual tags.

See its function list on the wiki: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools#Virtual_Tag_Functions

vorward

Many thanks for your both help!!!

I think, now I can get it :-)